1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube discoveries

Discussion in 'The Clown Forum' started by Hopper, Jan 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Simply Knute

Simply Knute Well-Known Member

I just ran across this. I'm amazed that I had never even heard of it before, as much of a fan of Emmett Kelly as I am. (I named my son Emmett for goodness sake.) Take a look and I hope you enjoy it!

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  2. NightJesterJ

NightJesterJ Member

Yeah I didn't know if anyone had posted this video yet (and I didn't really feel like searching through all 50+ pages -_-). This video is from the 90's and the quality is kind of bad, according to the comments the movie was a actual a series of 26 episodes (it's over 3 hours long). I hope you find it to be entertaining ^_^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdsAPhbiqM

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

Pretty silly, but it did give me some ideas about what to say if your balloon pops.

4. LarryTheClown

This thing totally went viral (12 million views already!) but it's something I can't stop watching. It's also a big inspiration for clowning, I think. I have actually been incorporating some of the footwork in everyday interactions. It's even better when you have no idea what you're doing... it just looks sillier that way, and you're a clown, dang it, it's OK to be silly. But there's also some Groucho Marx and some Laurel and Hardy if you want to get some inspiration for silly dancing.

The rest? Well, just amazing old school Hollywood dancing scored to Uptown Funk.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. LarryTheClown

Merry Christmas!

6. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. tim

8. tim

9. tim

Oh, yes, the performance I posted definitely reminded me of the Rastelli's, who (of course) do it So much better!

10. tim

You'll, ultimately, get a lot more out of this interview with Oleg Popov if you speak Russian. But, even just putting it on silent or listening to voice inflection, along with observing his facial and physical gestures can be enlightening. There is a good deal of video and photos offered, also, from his performance career. And that outfit he's wearing!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqo_srQxk2o&list=TLLnSGC_QlNFEyOTAxMjAxNg

11. NightJesterJ

NightJesterJ Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. tim

13. V

V Well-Known Member

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. tim

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. LarryTheClown

An entire routine based on the "fake stairs" gag.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  16. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

Interesting camera angles.... they showed the back of the wall many times. I guess they felt the need to prove there wasn't anything special back there. A real audience would never see behind the wall.

17. tim

Judy Garland, the clown:

Be A Clown:

Mr & Mrs Clown:

Where is the Clown? (A forgotten and overlooked gem, with her pantomiming the part)

Full filming version of the same:

A couple of swells (solo):

Carol Channing clowning Judy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8juJT_Ebk0

18. tim

This is so crazily sadistic. But wonderful in how it attributes character to the balloons and effectively turns them into puppets.

19. tim

Circus, as I remember it. Ringling in the late 1980s:

• Thanks Thanks x 1