1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wigs.

Discussion in 'Costumes' started by saphireSue, Nov 21, 2008.

1. RahniStarr

RahniStarr New Member

WOW looks like the rose pixie is popular now as the last three posters seem to have it.
    [​IMG]

2. kittykatbilbo

kittykatbilbo New Member

Sorry the picture is so huge! I wasn't sure how to make it smaller.

This is my yarn wig, I still haven't decided what I want my makeup to look like so I don't have any on in this picture.

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  3. BlossomTheClown

BlossomTheClown New Member

Cute wig Kittykatbilbo! Did you make the wig? If so, would you care to write up instructions to post and share? I've been thinking about making a yarn wig and would love to hear how others made one before trying to do it myself..

4. kittykatbilbo

kittykatbilbo New Member

Making a yarn wig

Thanks! Yes, I made it myself, surprisingly it only took me 3 days and it was super fun! I got the general idea for it off of eHow after reading an article on making a yarn wig with pantyhose for a base. Here is a link to my notes and you can click on the main headline for the original article: How I Did It

If you have any questions I would love to answer them! This just has general directions and my personal notes about what made the project easier.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  5. simo

simo New Member

Wigs

Hi gang,

Moving off the wig theme slightly, I am changing my character to the very traditional whitefaced look in period costume. Would anyone out there know where I can get a white head covering that fastens under the chin and has holes for my ears. Or should I resort to the sewing machine.

Simo:cry:

6. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

7. simo

simo New Member

Wigs

Hey Thanks.

Simo:applause:

8. mimitheclown

mimitheclown New Member

Don't have a name for this wig.

Hmmm. never thought of naming my wig. Gives me something to ponder.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  9. Artsy

Artsy New Member

Does anyone have a pink or purple Circus Circus wig they want to sell to me?

10. Professor Pi

Professor Pi New Member

Most of wigs with regards to quality would purchase from a local costume shop or those specilizing in Goth Clothing including funky colored wigs. These stores carry wigs a little higher quality then might purchase at a department store around Halloween if live in the US. If outside the US then would suggest your nearest costume shop or store that also specializes in gags and novelty items are my suggestions.

11. Professor Pi

Professor Pi New Member

If it is alright to follow my own post, forgot to mention and must point out the very good job kittykatbilbo did in creating her wig from scratch. A lot of hard work went into the wig am certain and colorful which frames her face well. This is also another good route for obtaining a clown wig.

12. Roscoe The Clown

Roscoe The Clown New Member

I wear an aqua Human Hair Silly Boy style with orange highlights!!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      73 KB
      Views:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Simply Knute

Simply Knute Well-Known Member

I just got a brand new yak wig from Tara Kelly! it's awesome! :)

Attached Files:

14. Bookworm

Bookworm New Member

I use a custom moe from mooseburger. I hope to have pics soon, but its awesome.

15. Barb "Stuffy" Foley

Barb "Stuffy" Foley New Member

Don't know what mine is called and don't have a picture yet, but it is similar to the one previously described as "disco." It is full, curly, and hot pink instead of the green previously shown. Came from Bubba's Clown supply.

16. JOZO

JOZO New Member

Mine is a moe[​IMG]

17. hoopsie

hoopsie Active Member

I mainly use a silly boy yak wig, but also sometimes a bald wig too :D

18. jghclown

jghclown New Member

Hi
    I call this a wet curly
    [​IMG]

Not sure the true name. It alsmost like a Long Curly Delux

Now this one I call a ringlet, but the name is listed as a Long Spring Curl

[​IMG]

pie pie 4 now
    :pie:

19. My hair is called bed-head I just do not comb my hair and it looks silly enough

20. Viv

Viv New Member

Buttons wears a custom Yak Moe wig.

Attached Files: