1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Knew?

Discussion in 'Balloon Sculpture' started by Pinkberry, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Pinkberry

Pinkberry The man. The myth. The mustache.

........................................................................................................

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  2. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

3. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

Fund these after seeing them here, they're cute 31.50 each but darn they are sold out!

4. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

I thought it looked quite cool when I first saw it and wanted to know more. I had a look around found the designer, Jason Freeny and checked him and his work out. He's done some quite quirky things and I can see why people might like his work. But to be honest, I think there are some forum members, who are every bit as talented, as far as creativity is concerned. And you are quite correct Donuts, from the licensed retailers, Freeny's balloon dogs are all sold out. But the world being what it is, everything is for sale at a price. These things are readily and abundantly available from the usual interweb, secondary market places and the mark up from the original, is not particularly steep.

I've been looking for some statement pieces to furnish my freshly renovated house and thought one of these balloon dogs might not look out of place. But I was left feeling rather underwhelmed when I realised the scale of these things. They are a lot smaller than I imagined, when I first saw the image above. I think they'd just get lost and become a piece of plastic tat and clutter in my house. I've gone off the idea of getting one.

Last week however I did find a number of things in a local antique auction that did appeal to me. A couple of brass French rococo style Victorian picture stands and a wooden jester cabinet. I don't think the cabinet has any age to it. It was probably made within the last ten years in a Mumbai slum, sweatshop in quantities of a few dozen a week. But I liked it when I saw it and I had both a place and a use for it. It now sits in the corner of one of my living rooms and is filled with punk rock CDs

jester cabinet.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1