1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you get your skits?

Discussion in 'Skit and Improv' started by cianuro, Aug 24, 2004.

1. The NORMAL One

The NORMAL One Active Member

My skits come to me by a simple ideal that made me smile or laugh. People especially little kids will give you plenty of ideals. I keep a note card on me and write down on card for future use. When developing your skirts keep it simple, never make your audience the butt of the joke keep forces on your clown. Practice. Practice .and have some review it for you before you do it live. Most important have fun and bring smiles and laughs to your audience.

2. tfraymond

tfraymond New Member

It depends - sometimes from a comment from someone, or a joke that you've heard, or things that you've seen before.

For example, my friend JJ (a clown who's also a firefighter) asked me to put together a clown skit about reading minds -- so that afterward the emcee of the show (a safety show for kids) can mention to the audience that, when you dial 911, the operator can't read your mind so be specific when talking to them.

Here's my quick skit, for anyone who's interested: the mind reader

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

Good example of creating something simple to fit a specific need. Skits don't need to be complicated to be funny.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1