1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your strangest event request?

Discussion in 'Party Clowning' started by stretchetheclown, Oct 18, 2011.

1. I was just asked to do a stagette (which declined, of course). What's your strangest request??

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  2. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

awe ... could have been fun....
    Strangest request, once I got a call from a guy who was wondering if "some thing for every one" included excort service.... It was kinda funny cause, you could tell he was so nervous.

• Laugh Laugh x 2
  3. JimBo

JimBo New Member

I once had a guy hire me to drive/deliver the new car he bought his wife as a anniversary gift.

• Laugh Laugh x 2
  4. clownNYC

clownNYC New Member

I had a guy that wanted to throw pies at me. Private show...

5. clownNYC

clownNYC New Member

I was also asked to be a "drunk clown" at a fancy NYC art book release party!

6. Plywood

Plywood New Member

Some pervert called me up and asked about a "private" painting session. Of course I declined, but should have told him I'd do it for a couple grand. Wonder what he would have said then.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  7. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

Painting what?.....[never mind don't answer,]..The guy that did my clown tat, has one up in his office of a very private part painted as Homer Simpson. To be honest the art work was pretty cool.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  8. Toby KID

Toby KID New Member

I was asked and accepted to perform at a funeral.
    When I had a yellow pages listing, got more calls for exotic performances than clown gigs so finally dropped that advertising.
    Once had a guy ask me to get all dressed up in my clown and "go for a ride". He claimed he wanted to see how folks would react to a clown in his car. My thought was that I would end up on the back of a milk carton and turned down the gig.
    In 1998 I drove to Chicago for a show. The buyer paid my regular fee and all expenses and put down a 50% deposit. Upon arrival at show location, there were only 4 guys in attendance. I did my show, got the rest of my payment and drove back home. Weird

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  9. JimBo

JimBo New Member

I was with a show touring the mid west and as usual on every small circus ,performers all had an extra job do do in addition to their part in the show. Mine was to drive a very well decorated step-van truck that had large loud speakers. We would play circus music and make announcements about show times and where the show was set up,etc. I liked the job because I got to go sight seeing and could stop and do any shopping or get a hair cut or whatever

I was driving all over a town of about 5,000 when I saw a good size crowd gathering down the street,so I turned up the volume just as I drove by and waved I could see the casket coming out of the building.....OH CRAP! I was turning red and just wanted to disappear. Then they started to wave and shout and LAUGH.

Turns out the man that died had been the head of the local Shrine clown unit and a well known circus fan. Everyone thought this was his circus friends way of saying "Good By, Friend."

We had never met the man but we did know of him and were expecting him to be on the lot that day. That night several town people thanked us for our "tribute".

I know the tread is about strange requests. It wasn't really a request BUT IT CERTAINLY WAS STRANGE.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  10. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

I have heard of a man with a Mickey Mouse tattoo on his, um, mouse. Apparently, the women love it!

That said, full body art isn't that unusual, and some entertainers do a very good job at it, even if it isn't typically the thing of "clowns."

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  11. Plywood

Plywood New Member

I can understand full body painting, but I'd only do it in very strict circumstances with someone that I felt comfortable painting. This guy sounded weird, and I was not about to put that premonition to the test. I've not done body painting yet on a stranger, but should probably think it out. I would never do it at a strangers house; too many variables, but to do it at home, there would have to be a special studio area set up for the model's comfort. Hmmm, time to think. Hopefully it's the one time I have to do that today.

Forgot to say, of course I would not do body painting in clown.

12. Snoetje

Snoetje Well-Known Member

Actually, I do want a clown on my birthday. But being too old and almost alone makes it veeeeery strange. :p