1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: Rubber Chicken

Discussion in 'Clown Classifieds' started by TheJokeIsOnYou, Jan 15, 2017.

1. TheJokeIsOnYou

TheJokeIsOnYou New Member

Hello,

I am trying to find two specific kinds of rubber chickens, but I cannot find them anywhere. These are rubbery, flimsy, and not plastic like the current Loftus model.

Can anyone help? Here are photos of both chickens for reference. If you know of where I can buy these particular ones or have them yourself and are willing to sale them, please let me know.

Thank you for your help

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  2. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

Rubber chickens are stock in trade for every joke shop in the world and have been for as long as I can remember. Yet I can't for the life of me, see what's funny about them or think how I might use one. I have absolutely no idea who buys them. Nor do I have any idea what they do with them once they have acquired them. The popularity of the rubber chicken is a bigger mystery to me than the age old question, what came first, the rubber chicken or the rubber egg? Perhaps you could explain why the sudden need for one and why the specific need for a particular version or make.

I looked on Amazon and found as many rubber and latex Chickens as anyone could possibly need in an entire lifetime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TheJokeIsOnYou

I used to have a couple rubber chickens when I was younger, and the ones they make now days don't look the same and are made more of plastic than rubber. The two styles of rubber chickens that I want have a classic look to them, which is a trait I like.

4. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

I agree I don't find rubber chickens particularity funny. The only 2 good jokes I had seen using them is when people use them in cooking gags or this one skit I saw where a character convinced another character to hold rubber chickens and then cluck. Then the other character says no that was somebody else and the person who was holding the chickens discovered they laid an egg.

Although I do like this keychain.
    https://www.amazon.com/Egg-laying-rubber-chicken-keychain/dp/B002WZWSTM

@TheJokeIsOnYou Have you tried ebay?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. TheJokeIsOnYou

Yes, I have looked everywhere on Ebay, and Amazon. I have practically looked everywhere on the internet.

6. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Hey Joke..............let me check my stash...........I have a couple of them........I'll check to see what they're made out of...........

7. TheJokeIsOnYou

Thank you Punkin!

8. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Hey Joke..........here's what I found in my stuff.............. chicken 1.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

You're welcome to any or all of these..........I share!

10. TheJokeIsOnYou

Thank you for being willing to share. You are a good person and I appreciate it. Those are different from what I am looking for, but if you know of anyone who has the ones in my photos, let me know.

Thank you, again!

11. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Well, that happens when rubber chickens get older.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Well, what else are you going to throw at Svengoolie?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

No prob!! I'll keep my eye out for them. Who knows.....maybe I'll come up with somebody who collects them......hahahaha!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

This is so true! Sven needs his chickens.......both prehistoric and rubber!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

If you look really really really really really really really really really really closely, you will see somebody has thrown the wrong kind of rubber chicken.

[​IMG]

• Laugh Laugh x 1