1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk around ideas

Discussion in 'Skit and Improv' started by Scruffy, Aug 16, 2005.

1. BubblesB

BubblesB Active Member

These are funny- good ideas

2. livingcharacters

livingcharacters New Member

modern take on this

I have used the camera on my phone to do this!! I am able to switch the camera so that when I face the screen to my audience & they see themselves in the camera. Always a great one!!

3. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

A simple Hand Shake can play big and requires nothing. There are 3 hand shake gags that are easy to do, Sticky Touch, Super Strong, and the Hand Hurts. Sticky Touch is act like your hand is stuck to the kid when you shake and don’t let go, act however you want to get unstuck or ad lib with the kid about the sticky hands. You can get a laugh by saying hey spider man or woman I won’t tell anyone you’re here. Super Strong as you shake jump up and down like they are lifting you off the ground then comment on their strength and let go of the hand and proceed. or use another super hero blow off saying superman your secrets safe with me, Or Shake Hurts shake and then shake hand like it was so strong it hurt your hand then comment how strong they are, guess I don’t want to make you mad, you must be like the Hulk.

cost nothing and can be done with any kid in a walk around setting

:cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

I just made this and used it for a Pirate Themed Parade.

I Bought a small paint tray and roller combo at Walmart, it was 8$, then got some acrylic paints and poured a small line in the tray to make a rainbow patterned look. Then Painted the roller with the same pattern to appear that is was full of paint. Let Those two dry I mean really dry over night. Then made a sign for Face-Painting I zig-zagged the street to offer my painting services to any one who wanted it. If I had takers I used the roller and rolled it on their arm or on their shirts. When the kids said "there was no paint!," I said it shows up in an Hour! The adults loved the joke, the whole thing cost about 12$ and I have a lot of paint left for other projects.

To see a photo of it - You have to look in my album "My new look?" I can't get the photo to load.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

I have one of the world's greatest walk arounds.........I'm going to see if I can get a picture of it later and post it.......too cool!

6. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

As promised............a great walk around or parade prop..........this is a Q tip......giant sized........This one is kind of disheveled, because I've used the crap out of it.......but use this in conjunction with a sign that says, "FREE EAR WAX REMOVAL"........go one step further and on the back of the sign, write, "FREE HAIR CUTS"......and have a pair of giant scissors handy!

7. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Okay......another one...........a hollow book from the craft store........filled with foam letter B's............on the outside, it says, "The Dictionary of Bees"...........get it? Hahahahahaha

8. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

I'm sorry......I'm on a roll..........a computer mouse with eyes on it.........pull it around, yelling, "there's a mouse in here"..........wow........I should be committed........

9. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Okay......one more.......you know those leashes without a dog on it.........it's supposed to be an invisible dog? Put a hot dog in the leash.........then put an actual stuffed dog in a hot dog roll..........yea, I Know.........I should take a nap, right?

10. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

OOOOOOOO a sponge rock (you can get these a novelty stores or some of the clown stores have them, too)........hook some headphones to them........instant ROCK music......really......where are those men with the straight jackets when you need them............

11. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Okay...........this is the last one for tonight.......I promise.......I'm listening to Journey and can't keep my mind on the typing........how about a mosquito squeaker and a huge fly swatter............"when the lights go down in the city"......oh sorry..........that's what Journey is singing right now..........anyways.........I'll crawl back in my cage now........happy walkarounds!

12. The NORMAL One

The NORMAL One Active Member

This is great! I learn a lot in a short time especially like shoe shine. Hey every please keep the ideas coming. Thank you all.

13. Make an entrance, to perform most of the routine. Dance or move in a way that's very difficult for a clown... especially if you're doing some handshakers. Play a sight gag game to clear the performance space. If you have a partner to work with, hit him in the knee with a rubber mallet. Have clown #2 say, "No." and not give in to any sign of physically moving. Clown #2 brings out his own clown assistant and, as a knife thrower does, Clown #2 tells a fish story dangerously close to the clown assistant. Clown #2 and clown assistant take a bow and make a high-energy exit. Clown #1 performs a double pun on fish and makes his high-energy exit without bowing.

14. The NORMAL One

The NORMAL One Active Member

For parade keep it simple and easy to carry.

15. Barnie Bonkers

Barnie Bonkers Well-Known Member

I think I've posted this before.....

Anyway......

It takes a little prep.....
    Get a bucket of water (so you can reload during the parade...)
    A squirt-gun, and a squirting flower.... take off the flower and glue the squirt bulb from the flower to the handle of the squirt-gun...cut down the tubing and hot glue it to the squirt-gun (with the little nozzle reattached, so it is pointing backwards....) so you can pull the squirt-gun's trigger and it squirts forward as normal, but if you squeeze the bulb it shoots water back at you....

During the parade...

walk down the street squirting at imaginary targets (to show that the squirt-gun works)....
    Then spot someone in the crowd that wouldn't want to get squirted.....
    gleefully run over to them (at about a 45 degree angle so everyone can see what happens) ....
    Aim the squirt-gun at them ....
    and squeeze the bulb... thus squirting yourself instead.....
    Sputter and react to getting squirted by a malfunction squirt-gun...
    look at the front of the squirt-gun quizzically...
    then squirt yourself again ....
    sputter....

reload the squirt-gun and bulb and continue...

• Creative Creative x 2