1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk around ideas

Discussion in 'Skit and Improv' started by Scruffy, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Scruffy

Scruffy Boss Clown/Administrator

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can post walk around ideas. So... I guess I'll go first!

The morning paper....

Requirements, a small suitcase, (An old fashioned roller skate case works great)
    A roll of TP
    a Tp wall mount holder

Paint the words the morning roll on the lid of the case. mount the dispenser and paper inside on the bottom so when you open the lid, you see the paper.
    Go up to someone and ask them of they have seen the morning paper yet? then show it to them and walk away to the next person.

• Thanks Thanks x 18
    • Laugh Laugh x 15
  2. ashes

ashes New Member

Nice, Scruffy - but should it read "Morning Paper" instead
    of "Morning Roll?"

Shave the Whales -- build a big huge disposable razor from
    swimming noodles or other crafts material. Wear a sign that
    says "Shave The Whales"

Shoe Shine -- I carry an old doctor's bag with a sign on the
    side that says "Shoe Shine" or "Free Shoe Shine"
    Ask a spectator if they'd like a shoe shine -- reach into the bag
    and pull out a flashlight and "shine" it on their shoes.

• Laugh Laugh x 28
    • Thanks Thanks x 17
  3. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

I use the shoe shine line, gets good laughs, if you've got an older person have them shine the light on you and say "You Light Up My Life"

I saw this some where, a suit case with GrandMa's Bloomers painted on the outside, and inside have floweres in plastic pots mounted inside and ask some one if they've seen grandma's bloomers.....

• Laugh Laugh x 13
    • Thanks Thanks x 6
  4. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

I keep a small mirrow in my pocket

"Oh I just made a new friend, the nices person you'd ever want ta meet, can I show you Her/him?" then I have them look in the mirror.

• Thanks Thanks x 19
    • Laugh Laugh x 4
  5. Scruffy

Ring around the collar

Make a "Ring" large enough to go over your head. I used a large foam florists wreath ring, And added a styrofoam Ball to represent a jewel. Paint the ring gold, and paint the jewel whatever color you like, (I used pearl).

Wear it around you neck as a ring around your collar!

Or, walk up to a participant, Usually an older kid who isn't afraid of you, put the ring around there neck and say" Say! I could help but notice you might have a laundry problem. I see you have ring around the collar." Then produce a whisk broom from your pocket. "Have you tried whisk?"
    remove the ring and keep walking. 8)

• Laugh Laugh x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. Scruffy

The best seat in the house

Needed: One toilet seat. A case large enough to carry it in, or a large burlap type sack.

Put seat in bag or case.

Walk u to someone standing at a parade, or if you in a circus, find someone with a really lousy view. "Pssst, hey buddy, I couldn't help but notice you look pretty uncomfortable, And can't see very well".Note, if they are standing say something to the effect of "You look tired, would you like to sit down?" etc. "Tell ya what I'ma goin' ta do... I'm going to offer to you at no small expense; the best seat in the house. Sound interested?" Here you go! Then,show them the toilet seat.

• Laugh Laugh x 12
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Groan Groan x 1
  7. TJ

TJ New Member

Here's on I use during parades...

Needed: A small throw rug attached to a piece of rope. A small broom.

Gag: Drag the rug (using the rope) behind you. Every so often stop and sweep some debris under it. Walk on down the road and repeat.

Get it, SWEEPING IT UNDER THE RUG.

• Thanks Thanks x 15
    • Laugh Laugh x 10
  8. Walmoe1

Walmoe1 Now clowning under God's Big Top

Hey Scruff;

Good Idea having this as a catagory (If I have it right). I really dig seeing these great walk- around ideas. I am still self concious in my clowning (I'm always afraid someone will tell me "you suck" as a clown) so I find that walk-arounds (and giving out safety pops) safer -at least for now and I like doing it.
    More,More-I'm still not satisfied.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Laugh Laugh x 2
  9. Radio

Radio New Member

Walk Around gag

One gag I used during a Parade was to hold a balloon in my hand by what appeared to the the string. Actually, I am hanging onto the Balloon and I have an extra piece of string hanging on it to LOOK like it is all attached.
    Then when I hand the balloon to someone, they grab the string and I walk away with the Balloon. All they get is the string. I was pretty worried that people would be offended, but EVERYONE got the joke right away. After all, they ARE dealing with a clown.

• Thanks Thanks x 18
    • Laugh Laugh x 14
  10. The Princess of Bozonia

The Princess of Bozonia Administrator Staff Member

Great idea Radio, and welcome to the happiest forum on earth! :wink:

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  11. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

I just wanted to say hi Radio also.

HI HI HI :D :D

12. Jewls

Jewls New Member

Hello,
    I made a big pair of binoculars using 3 different sized cans - 2 of each size of course, painted black I used glue and wire to hook them together I added foam ball eyes and ran a coat hanger through leaving a little bend of it on the side so I can move the eyeballs up and down.
    They always get a great reaction! I was at a very large event last fall and they made an announcement on stage they were looking for someone I yelled I'll find him and looked around with them. Not only did I get a great laugh I got my name mentioned on the loud speaker. Followed by applause oh what a pretty sound....
    :oops:

• Thanks Thanks x 8
    • Laugh Laugh x 7
  13. ashes

ashes New Member

The binoculars sound like a cool idea!

We used some styrofoam and some doll eyes and eyelashes
    and made some "eyeballs" that were glued to the lens covers
    from some real binoculars. We used it in a Public Service
    Annouoncment (PSA) dealing with keeping an eye out for
    bad weather (tornado season here).

Ashes

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. Scruffy

Love it Jewls! I'm off to start saving tin cans!

15. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

16. BIPS

BIPS New Member

Binoculars

Love the wire idea to move the eyes around, how creative!!!!

Like Scruff said, I'm on the search for metal cans myself now...:)

17. Doc & Jasper

Doc & Jasper New Member

I use an old deck of playing card that get too old for my magic tricks. During a pparade I would walk up to people and ask them if they would like one of my cards. When they say yes I reach into my pocket and hand them a playing card and walk off.

I always tell them that I am not playing with a "full deck".

• Laugh Laugh x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 7
  18. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

lol love it

19. Tobacco harvest during a parade

I am working on getting a trash can attached to a lawn mower body and painting Horse brand Tobacco on it. As I push it along I scoop us horse apples and dump them in the can. Have to admit I snagged the idea from the Cheyenne Frontier Days parade when I was a young un.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Laugh Laugh x 3
  20. Hopper

Hopper New Member

Free Shakes!

You need
    -drink tray
    -bunch of wax paper cups with lids and straws...like the kind they give you your drink in at McDonalds.
    -small nuts and bolts
    -sign that says Free Shakes

Poke holes in the bottom of the cups. Drill corresponding holes in the tray. Use the small nuts and bolts to attach the cups to the tray. Then put the lids on the cups and poke the straws in, so it looks like you have a tray of drinks.

side note: I tried gluing the cups to the tray...but wax paper doesn't glue that well. Most of mine fell off eventually. The nuts and bolts work much better. Also, you can use permanent plastic cups, but they can look phony. I like to grab a stack of wax ones from the nearest fast food place...they're usually happy to give them to you.

Anyway, put the Free Shakes sign around your neck. Walk around going "FREE shakes! Get your FREE shakes! Who wants a FREE shake!" (then, when someone says yes) "you want a free shake?" (they say yes)
    Then approach the person and at the final moment, extend your hand to shake and say "How are ya? Nice to meet ya." At the same time as you extend your hand, drop the tray to the side revealing the gag.

I've noticed the bigger and louder you are, the better this gag works. Great for a "big lovable dummy" character.

Tried, tested, and true. One of my favorite parade gags.

• Thanks Thanks x 11
    • Laugh Laugh x 10