1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

too shy to clown

Discussion in 'Newbies to clowning' started by disco moon, Jan 11, 2018 at 4:44 AM.

1. disco moon

disco moon New Member

I'm often a quiet person and not sure if I could perform. At the same time I love the art, the energy and the love in clowning.
    Do you guys think I could do like a silent, magical act? I'm not sure. Anyone here a silent clown or know or any inspiring performers?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

The only way to find out is to give it a try. I know many say that putting on the makeup helps they become someone else and do things they might not normally do.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. The Princess of Bozonia

The Princess of Bozonia Administrator Staff Member

There are many silent clowns! And many silent magicians, as well. I can't think of any silent, magical clowns offhand, but why let that stop you? If that's what works for you, go for it. You don't have to do what everybody else is doing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. disco moon

disco moon New Member

5. Wobble the Clown

Wobble the Clown New Member

Gaining confidence can often be about baby steps and working out who your character is, so long as your act is done well the type of character shouldn't matter. If you're a shy person, try getting in to clown gradually, dress up as a (non scary) clown for Halloween and do some juggling at the door, go in a parade or just perform for a close friend or family member. Doing this develops confidence and you will find yourself becoming more at ease with clowning.

• Thanks Thanks x 1