1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tie or bow tie?

Discussion in 'Costumes' started by Jmarshall, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Jmarshall

Jmarshall New Member

What do u guys think is more funnier?a bow tie or a tie?

2. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

Depends on your character, I think! When I have to, I use a bow tie (which are just inherently goofier --- this is why it's the dress code for nerds, accountants, old timey comedians, and hipsters).

But ties let you get away with more graphics. Zoolander had that whole joke about the piano key tie, after all.

3. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

Neither type of tie is particularly funny by itself. I don't think that many people wear ties these days. People used to get dressed up more often and some even wore suits to work every day. I think more people who wear ties, wear a normal tie. Bow ties are more for a tux or old men. When people wore suits on a regular basis, a clown wearing a suit might fit in. I think it is time to explore new costume options. Dress more like real people dress, only clown it up a bit.

4. LarryTheClown

You need to watch more Dr. Who, Toony, because bow ties are cool.

(And they're totally back among the young folk!)

Example: not in a tux nor an old man.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  5. TorontoBoy

TorontoBoy Active Member

I dress to make fun of today's fashions. Ties are no longer worn, so they are more of an oddity than a parody on dress. Sad, yes, because I love wearing bow ties, but the kids don't really react to ties. Now an 8' cell phone, that is funny...

6. LarryTheClown

I actually do sympathize with this opinion on dressing to make fun of modern fashion, which is why I wear a sleeveless hoodie.

[​IMG]

7. Jmarshall

Jmarshall New Member

I always thought ties r funny bc they can get caught in something

8. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Old men are funny