1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Santa

Discussion in 'Balloon Sculpture' started by saphireSue, Dec 16, 2016.

1. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

My daughter has gotton into ballon design

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

He doesn't have arms.... but he is pretty cool

3. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

I think that's them higher up. To high but not bad for first attempt without any instruction.

4. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

The horizontal balloons look like they are in a net hung from the ceiling and not part of Santa.

I have never attempted a column or other design with the rounds. I will stick with twisting balloons.

5. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Santa has no body but yours, no arms but yours, no hands/no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes upon which he looks upon the world with compassion. Yours are the feet upon which he walks to do good. Yours the hands through which he blesses all the world.

6. Simply Knute

Simply Knute Well-Known Member

Tim, I think you got Santa and Baby Jesus mixed up there...

And Sue, great job for a first attempt! I think using blush colored balloons for the face next time might add a little more contrast and look a tad better than the pink. I've never seen this design have arms before. Normally there are two of them side by side with the hats forming an arch, therefore the arms would get in the way of being able to walk through. I always just thought it looked like they had their arms crossed or something.

7. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

I have three things to say about this thread.

1) I think it's a lovely Santa Claus, Sue. Your daughter should be very proud of her creation.

2) Hahahaha Knut, this is hilarious. You are know giving makeup advice to balloons.

3) Historically, Santa Claus was a man that got physically violent and beat people up if they didn't think of God in exactly the same way that he thought of God. In my entire adult life (and I am now so old, my testicles have a combined age of a century), I only ever hit one single person. It wasn't because he was thinking about a non-existent character in a differing way to how I think about non existing characters, it was because he had stolen my bicycle and was walking up the street with it on his shoulder. I think that makes me a much nicer person than Santa. Why don't people make balloon sculptures of me?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Punk, rapper Santas.

"Yo, yo, yo!"