1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuffed animals as puppets?

Discussion in 'Storytelling and Puppets' started by Koi-kun, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Zippy Zoo

Zippy Zoo New Member

Actually the last two are still blurry. Sorry.

The second one is my favorite. I think I might put it on my site.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Texas Sprinkles

Texas Sprinkles New Member

very cute and great idea on putting them on your site thanks for sharing Zippy Zoo!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Magic Etc

Magic Etc New Member

I agree with Christopher Clown. You need to believe your companion is real. The illusion is in the treatment and play, not just quality.

I do work as both clown and "real" magician. Because of my wife's allergies I can't have a real bunny so I bought a puppet. It is a very realistic Angora rabbit from Folksmania. They have some great puppets for very inexpensive. Such as a clam, a rabbit in a hat, a Sheep dog. Here is a link to their web page.

http://www.stuffedsafari.com

I use a pet carrier and work him just like he was a real bunny. When the kids ask if he is real I tell they he thinks he is.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  4. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

I like this idea. As a kid I was always talking to my stuffed animals anyway. Sometimes they would talk through me.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

Took a recent workshop with a local fairly well known Ventriloquist and one major point also stated here is if it is not a full bodied puppet such as a hand puppet etc. It needs a home to come out of. She said she waited till after holidays like Halloween or Easter and get those baskets in a variety of shapes to be a home for her rabbit hand puppet. She found a John Deer Tractor plastic bucket that was perfect for a farm routine with her puppet. I wend to Good Will and found a plastic tikki house tissue box cover that mine can be living in on summer Vacation. All need to be seen with a performers eye. How can I use this?
    Sara K.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. The NORMAL One

The NORMAL One Active Member

Puppets are fun they can add to your clowning. As it was said earlier you do not want to be scarry and they do not have to talk. My puppet is a Fokem sheep dog. He has his own story, what day his birthday, how he found me and how he helps. He has his own bits that he does. He does not talk but I put a skeaker in his mouth so he speaks and answer by skeaking. Clowns who does hospital clowning will tell you that puppets are a big help to them. I would tell you to invest in class on puppets, go to conventions,seminars,and now days you can see some instructions on videos. What ever you do in clowning remember to first for you to have fun,enjoyed it yourself and have a goal of bringing laughs and smile for others then your clown will be good.