1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage totes

Discussion in 'Party Clowning' started by CheckerZ, Mar 5, 2012.

1. CheckerZ

CheckerZ New Member

I was thinking about making/buying a storage tote for all my magic stuff for when I go to Birthday parties, or other events. On the outside, I was going to have my name and contact information, but I was wondering what everyone else uses.

I'm currently using a suitcase, one of the old hard ones, but I can't get everything in there that I want to.

I was wondering if anyone had ideas or if you could post pics of what you use.

2. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

Well CheckerZ, I use a fat max rolling cart by Stanley. It has held up very well and goes over most all the ground, snow, etc. that I have out here. I also have a rolling big rubbermaid like tube that I got at wall mart. It has a handle on one end and two small wheels. It holds the rest of my bigger props. The Fat Max has a larger lower bin that holds a lot and many smaller bins to hold like my noisemakers, etc. The upper top bin is large enough to hold my child sized autoharp in the bottom under the lift out tray. When I close the lid i can put a board on top to make it like a small table if i want to. Good luck with what ever you decide.
    Sara K.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

I also have the fat max, but have found for smaller parties, I've gone back to a simple suit case, but I still love my max and keep it to store my stuff, and for other events.

4. Peaches

Peaches New Member

I have a bright orange plastic trunk that has wheels on one side, so i can tilt it up and roll it. works great for toting premade balloon creations, balloons, etc and storing all my props and clown stuff when Its not in use.

5. StuartPid

StuartPid Administrator/Pickles' Lady in Waiting

6. StuartPid

StuartPid Administrator/Pickles' Lady in Waiting

7. Pinky the Clown

Pinky the Clown New Member

Sean, does it lock? Will it fit in the backseat of a Cavalier? I have been looking for something like that.

8. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, the Fat max has a spot where you can put a padlock on it. It does fit in the backseat of my Mercury Sable. I am also able to get in a large rolling tote and my Fender sound system in there too. It is a tight fit but I'm a great packer. For premade balloons I just use extra large trash plastic bags but for on stage I store em in a large fold up dog crate with a 10 pound weight in the bottom. It does take forever to haul all that stuff in but I bring everything but the kitchen sink. I hardly ever use everything but I like to have extra props/gags in case.
    Sara K.
    Only problem is if and when my daughter ends up going along we may end up having to get a car topper. She would be more comfortable in there, not sure the bungie cords will hold her on the roof she is getting to big.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    • Laugh Laugh x 2
  9. Plywood

Plywood New Member

Spoken like a true woman, Special K'z. You do us proud.

• Laugh Laugh x 2
  10. Pinky the Clown

Pinky the Clown New Member

11. Jodie

Jodie New Member

I have used something like this to carry props in to do our clown shows with.
    It is a lime green plastic trunk from K Mart. It doesn't have wheels but we put it on a dolly and is pulled with a dog chain. It has worked out great.

12. Squiggles

Squiggles New Member

I have that chest...even the same color Pinky but mine does not have wheels. I got it at Walmart for 24.00. I store stuff in it and bought a tool box that is silver and looks like a train case box and I have put my show in one and facepainting in the other. They are 20 dollars at Menards and usualy hold most everything I take. Some props dont fit tho.