1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stilts or Unicycle

Discussion in 'Props and Gags' started by Flicker, Dec 15, 2010.

1. LuvLee

LuvLee Well-Known Member

Great idea,,,I also have a few ideas that would do the job, but I feel it needs to be your own design and I am confident you'll have a great one. I want to see a picture when
    you finish it. A Firecicle by, ' Fireclown' can't wait to see it and hear the story I'm
    sure you'll have to go with it.

2. Zeeppo

Zeeppo New Member

I cannot find pictures of it but there was someone locally that did that. They tool a metal red wagonput a could ladders on it and a water tank with a nozel. The nozel operated like a super soaker. Heck it may have been one taken a part and mounted on the tank.

His daughter would drie around the trike in parades. It is very cute.

3. Flicker

Flicker New Member

Next weekend I meet with the welder. We have the it all drawn out now we need to do the fab work. My wife can't wait for it to be done.( I have a BIG life Ins. Policy!)

4. LuvLee

LuvLee Well-Known Member

That was fast,,,,good for you, can't wait to see the finished project,,,,,Big life Ins. policy
    you say,,,,,good luck might be in order,,,does it have power?,,,,,,if yes, what kind?
    Be careful, but have fun!~

5. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

Oh, c'mon, Glupi, PLEEEEZE post pics soon! We don't care if your stilts are in the pic or not; we just wanna see pics of a pro like YOU!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Flicker

Flicker New Member

Got the fabrication done on the bike. Just some sanding and painting.

7. JOZO

JOZO New Member

i just stay walking

8. LuvLee

LuvLee Well-Known Member

Hey fireclown,,,,looking forward to seeing your bike, sounds like that might be soon.
    Kind of excited for you.

9. Flicker

Flicker New Member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  10. Toby KID

Toby KID New Member

eagerly awaiting the video

11. Flicker

Flicker New Member

The video is kinda dull right now. Pedal....Pedal.....Fall. Follow those steps for three rotations. On the forth rotaion it changes a bit. Pedal...Pedal...Fall....Wake up in E.R.

• Laugh Laugh x 3
  12. LuvLee

LuvLee Well-Known Member

Hey fireclown,,,that is funny, but sounds painful. I went to the E.R. last night with my
    Dad,,,,he doesn't ride a bike anymore at age 97, but he would have liked your clown bike.
    I figure, you can always call 911 and the fire dept will come,,,,,just for the laughs.:p

Are you also an EMT? I was when on the dept., but calling 911, when I took a fall wasn't real helpful because they usually sent me out & since I was already there, I just laughed at myself.:D
    Gotta ask,,,are ya having fun?:)

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  13. Flicker

Flicker New Member

I just call out a Mayday.

14. "TINKER"

"TINKER" New Member

Hey Fireclown I've always wanted to ride one but never got the chance, Stilts are a everyday strut for me, my day job I do acoustical ceilings. Are unicycles hard to ride?

15. Flicker

Flicker New Member

I tried one about a month ago. I saw my short life pass before me. You need a good place to learn, one with a sidewalk and a fence. I don't have those things so, for me, I was doing less learning and more taunting death.

16. Toby KID

Toby KID New Member

My sister got a unicycle for Christmas. To my joy she gave it a couple of tries and put it up. I was excited becasue I knew it would be mine in time. The next summer I got it out and learned. All four of my kids have been exposed to the unicycle early on. The passion has never caught on in them. Perhaps my baby girl will accept the challenge this summer.
    As far as learning, I built a unicycle chute. Imagine a cattle chute with lower walls. Its 16ft long with hand rails on both sides. A few board under one end gives it a slight hill at the start. (To steep and it exacerbates the learning).

17. Flicker

Flicker New Member

From what I know about unicycles your chute sounds ideal. I live in an apartment, finding a good place to ride was a problem.

18. Toby KID

Toby KID New Member

down the hallway of the apartment complex?
    Why are they called apartments when they are all hooked together?

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  19. Flicker

Flicker New Member

We don't have halls here. Crazy, right?

I agree with you they should be called compartments!

20. LuvLee

LuvLee Well-Known Member

Hey fireclown, I tried at the ripe old age of ,,,,,well, anywho. I did not give it a chance to throw me, I simply put my son on it and watched.
    He learned by trial and error and was great on it,,,,that helped him to have some good confidence in himself.
    Now the stilts is another story,,,,I did that okay. The bicycle, tricycle and motorcycle were all things I was able to do well.
    Today I am Excellent on the 'Popcycle'. :applause: