1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sponge Hamburger Routine

Discussion in 'Party Clowning' started by Pickles, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

I'm doing a birthday party for a girl who was a guest at another party I did recently. Many -- if not most -- of the guests will have already seen my usual birthday magic show. When this happens, I try to do a combination of familiar and new tricks. I also ask the parent to ask the birthday child if there are any tricks that she really liked that she wants me to perform again at her party.

That said, I would like to do a birthday dove pan production at the end of the magic show, but I don't want to do the exact same sponge cake routine that I did at the last party. I have a sponge hamburger that I have never used, and I am trying to put together a routine using that. I thought it would be funny if the audience thinks we are producing a cake, but somehow I screw up and we make a burger instead. Any ideas of how to make this happen? What could I do that would make a cake turn into a burger instead? Too much magic pickle dust? Not being able to find any milk in my grocery bag and adding a piece of cheese instead? Please help me brainstorm!!!

2. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

Those sound good. Do you have the squirting mustard and ketchup bottles? If not they are easy enough to make. Could you work them into there?
    Sara K.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. SCOOP

SCOOP Ace Reporter

no matter how much magic you use i guess you still
    have to eat your main course before desert

• Laugh Laugh x 2
  4. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

When put the milkin ask where does milk come from? What sound does a cow make? Ooops to much moooing now you get burgers

• Laugh Laugh x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. SmartiiTheClown

SmartiiTheClown Well-Known Member

Play on the burger bun / Bun cake similarities: we're going to do some baking today and put in all the ingredients for a bun, "now kids what do you get in the middle of a bun? who said burgers? no you get jam and cream in a bun. Oooops I haven't packed all the ingredients we're going to have to magic in the jam and cream, everyone concentrate on jam and cream and delicious buns ... and nobody think of burgers!" then produce your burger look dissapointed and remark "Ok who was thinking of burgers?" some kids are bound to put their hands up to take credit "We wanted a cake and we ended up with a burger, I've really gotten myself into a pickle this time" Open bun take out the pickle "Oh I love pickles, they're even better than cakes".

Smartii

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. SmartiiTheClown

SmartiiTheClown Well-Known Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Can you get a big candle to stick out of the bun?

Scold the magic pan. "HEY, wrong party! This isn't McDonald's!" To audience, "I mean, just because I'm a clown....!"

"I think those magic fairies got a little confused. Or were playing a trick of their own."

"Next time.. hold the onions! We already have enough of Pickles!"

Retrieve the final effect by producing a cupcake from somewhere.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  8. Alex

Alex ...much nicer in person!!!

Use your pickle wand instead of a normal wand... hence turning it into a burger with pickles instead of a cake... Too deep?

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. StiltFun

StiltFun New Member

Instead of saying "Happy Birthday", you can "accidentally" say "Happy Burger Day" during your routine.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Laugh Laugh x 1