1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snoetje's theater show!

Discussion in 'Circus and Stage Clowning' started by Snoetje, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Olaf89

Olaf89 New Member

awesome posters and artwork.!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Make sure that during or towards the end of your show that you get the Audience in on the fun something simple like acting as if your going to spash a bucket of water on them but instead it turns out to be filled with confetti.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Olaf89

Olaf89 New Member

great idea for a prank , but I think it would freak some people out hahahaha.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Snoetje

Snoetje Well-Known Member

Haha, thanks for the suggestion! We have another idea for the ending, interactive. We can't have confetti in the theater, sadly. It's too much work to clean up.

I had a veeeery long rehearsal day yesterday in the theater! It was, again hard work! And also some new ideas (one very brilliant idea XD) on the last moment. We also did the full show and it turns out the show was too long, so we had to throw away a few stuff. But that's better than too short right? Now we only have the best! I was home at 2 AM!! :eek:

Monday is the big day! Exciting!! :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. Snoetje

[​IMG]

Last rehearsal, with the set. We didn't have time for a rehearsal with costume and such. There is sooooo much work in this show! *sigh* exciting!!! Wish me luck! :D

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Best of luck tommorrow Snoetje don't worry after the first show the replay's will come natural and stress free.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Olaf89

Olaf89 New Member

Good luck for tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do well.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Snoetje, you won't need luck. You have applied the two most important things: talent and the work required to accomplish great things. You will do fantastic!!!

And, GOOD LUCK!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  9. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

Im so excited for you you as a Theatre Major and a clown as well I know that rush of being on stage in a show. Combining the two must be over the moon exciting, especially since you wrote and star in it.

If You still wanted to do confetti use the silver streamers usually this stuff is put up over doors to have a shimmery entrance then tape or glue in one end of the streamer to the bucket easy clean up and visually effective.

Break a Leg and Enjoy!!!!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. Snoetje

Well, guys (and girls), it's over! And it was amaaazing!! There is a whole list of things that could have been better or went wrong, but it doesn't matter. The audience didn't know of those 'mistakes, enjoyed it, I had an amazing experience and part of the audience were strangers, not just people I (or the producer/director) knows. Not only the children liked it, I got very positive reactions from the adults too! Someone said to me she felt like a child again, and another said she was very inspired. :D :D I'm so glad everyone liked it! There is much room for improvement, but if everyone liked this already, woah, can't wait till we make an even better show!
    It was good for a try-out. :)

Gosh, I was sooo nervous when I started, I shaked! But I tried to hide that. And I laughed a bit before I started, a child said "Snoetje, where are you? We are all here already!"

The ending of a big adventure, and the beginning of more!

And this all, this all started with a message on the internet, asking for a stage to film my act. I wanted to do a theater show, or just a little act somewhere, but I couldn't find a chance. So I thought of filming it so it looks more professional would make my chance bigger. And then someone mailed me to help me, and because he was looking for someone to do entertainment. We met, we talked and then he asked me about my dreams. I told him about my theater dream. "okay, let's do that!" And that started this all. I didn't expect that, haha.
    There happened so so so much since then!! First I lost my stage partner, found a new one but lost her too. Then I wanted to give up, but the boss believed I could do a solo. In 5 months we made this show. We worked hard on this! I got feedback on my ideas,
    we had veeeeeery long (but fun) rehearsal days, preparing the stage and set was a lot of work too and we spend a lot of money in this. The last days before the show I was very nervous, tired, stressed, but that's part of the progress! I also faced a lot of my fears in the whole progress. What a year!!
    I'm very lucky I got someone to support and help me in the whole progress, and is a professional light technician too!! I'm forever thankful for that. I'm also happy people wanted to play in the videos!! It would have been only Snoetje the whole time without them. Which is tiring, an hour long haha. If I would do this alone, it would be completely different! Then I would play in a very small theater, or a school (because I wouldn't have someone to do the sound and light) and the acts wouldn't be as good as they are now. Or maybe I would still looking for a chance. I'm happy there are people on this would who want to help! :D And we're going to create more shows, we have to, we bought some things already, haha! :D

It was not just a show for the fun of it, it was more than that. I grew so much as a person too. I expressed myself, I feel I finally start to live, see the outside world and I can't wait how much I will still grow. From a shy girl, hiding in her house all day, to someone who made her own show, played alone one hour long and worked hard to made this happen. I hope I can break my walls of fear, I hope Snoetje can grow to something very good and I hope I will have more adventures in the theater world, I love the theater! Not only to clown, also for other performances. But I love clowning the most! :)
    My next adventure: Playing (and singing) in a musical! :D

Here are some screenshots, I will make a nice compilation of the best parts later. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 6
  11. Olaf89

Olaf89 New Member

Looks like a really great show. Glad it went well.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

Bravo

So glad to hear all went well. Donuts is so jealous of your one clown show that wasn't a birthday party. LOL ?:O) I wanna Do a Show like that that would be amazing to try. As a Theatre Major in college I got my BA and then grad work had the chance to act in clown on the stage but never a full one clown show.

You Have My Respect and admiration!

Tons of candy grams, blooming flower wands and foam pies are awarded to you on a job well done what what I've seen and heard.

:cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

That looked great Snoetje keep going until you have your own TV show.

14. Snoetje

Haha, I never expected I could do a full show. I was always hoping I could do just a stage act. I feel so lucky someone wanted to help me who is experienced in creating theater and clowning!! :D

If you want your own show, you can do it. You just need to find the right people to help you, or pay the right people you need. And enough time, it's very hard work! The last 5 months I've been working on this a few hours everyday! If I would have a job, I wouldn't have enough time for this. If you have questions, you can always send me a message. :)

Ah, I miss it already!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
  15. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

I thought you had more help did you have to do that whole show by yourself if you did that had to be stressful but it looks like it was a success.

16. Snoetje

I got one person to help me through the whole progress (from France, so when he was in holland the rehearsal days were very intensive and long, and I made a lot videos) plus some people playing in the videos and some people wrapping up the boxes in nice colors. And someone collecting 20 boxes and someone helped me creating some props. There were also extra people helping with the light and sound in the show itself.

But in the end it was for the biggest part just the 2 of us, and most ideas and acts were mine and original (with help in the development). I did the advertising my own too, I wanted help with that, but sadly I barely got help with that, so I ended up doing that alone. I would have loved someone to help me, so I could focus on practising and have more audience. Bringing around the flyers and posters consumed a looooot of time.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Ya know I think most of my props that I construct come are from cardboard boxes wierd but cool like my hammer and the new props I'm making can't say until after april but its all cardboard.

18. Snoetje

Compilation:

(still a lot fun parts I wanted to show, but I can't show everything in 3 minutes, haha. :) )

I'll translate the audience a bit:
    "Snoetje, you can come! We are all here already!!"
    And in the bit where I hold something with hand in the air: "It's a remote controll!" Me: "oh!'
    And with the bird: "It's not me, it's the bird!"

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 6
  19. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

I love that shadow act.

Congratulations, and "awesome!"

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Indecisive

Indecisive Active Member

It looked like a cute show from what I saw of the compilation clips. :applause:

Well Done! ^-^

• Thanks Thanks x 1