1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snoetje's theater show!

Discussion in 'Circus and Stage Clowning' started by Snoetje, Aug 11, 2014.

1. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

I want to come see it!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Snoetje

Snoetje Well-Known Member

Learn some dutch and fly to holland. Leiden is not far from the airport. XD

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. I'm not going to learn Dutch but I might jump on a tricycle and pedal over.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Snoetje

Yaaaaaay! The ticket reservations is now officially started! Ooh, it's getting so very real now! :D :D

Aaah, I tried to translate the description of the show, but it's very hard! Will ask help and edit this post later. :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Snoetje

Turns out I'm too lazy to translate. XD
    But I will make a promo video which will tell some more of the (thin!) story.

I dreamed of the show! It was a scary dream! But one thing was positive: A child suddenly walked on the stage. First I wanted to bring him back to his chair, but then I thought about the interactive act I still had to do. So I took some other child from the audience and made that act and the audience laughed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

Keep going Snoetje. We are proud of you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. RandyMagic

RandyMagic New Member

Love this short story. A start-up, as they say in the corporate culture. Happy for those people who want everyone else happy.

Also, it doesn't matter if you're a clown or an event performer or anyone else. The basic concept or the ultimate goal is to entertain people. SO go ahead and attend each & everyone in the party.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Snoetje

I made a coloring contest! :D

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  9. tim

Somebody get me some crayons!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Use a snazaroo paint kit if you don't find those crayons.

11. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Nice work Snoetje Hope your not nervous before your big show remember practice builds confidence but you already have alot of talent.

12. Snoetje

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  13. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Proving once again, why you may be the most talented amongst us, and likely to be the most successful.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. Snoetje

Well, I had a veeery intensive week!
    First working on the video for 4 days, then 3 full days rehearsal on the location I'm going to play, woaah! And with just a few short breaks. But we have the show now, except for the bits we still have to prepare. I think the show will be about 70 minutes. :D
    I also filmed with a friend of mine for a video in the show.
    It's hard work, very hard work, but so far I had lots of fun with it. It's getting so real and that's super awesome! :D
    Now, I have to prepare props, videos, collect an audience and practise practise practise!! Oh and work on my confidence. I'm still a bit shy on the stage.

This is what the stage looks like, with a first set try-out and without the lights:
    [​IMG] This looks pretty empty now, but we are going to fill it with more stuff. :D We hope the floor can be black or something, blue is very swimming pool like haha.
    And me practising (Spoiler!): http://clown-forum.com/picture.php?albumid=1037&pictureid=9727

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
  15. tim

Seventy minutes. Wow. That's a big leap into a full length show.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Snoetje

Indeed it is, we were aiming for 60, but part of it is very interactive which stretches the show a bit. We had so many ideas! It was hard to choose and there is still a lot waiting to be used sometime.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

That's good you have more people to help you with the show. More help means more ideas plus different acts and they will help split up the time so that the pressure isn't just all on one person.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Snoetje

Haha, oops! I talked with the boss, but it's going to be an hour long show anyway! Oh well. That's perfect for a children's theater show. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Snoetje

Just a few weeks!! AAAH!
    I'm starting to get pretty scared and nervous! I'm traveling to Leiden multiple times a week to bring around posters, flyers and coloring pictures. But it's very time consuming! Meanwhile I have to practise a lot too, and preparing the projections and props.
    The lighting technician is busy programming the show. Woah, there are going to be so many light effects! Awesome! There is so much in the show! Light, music, videos, little stories, interaction and of course humor!

I really really hope enough people will come watch the show and it's going to be a succes. There is a lot money and time in this!!
    And I hope I can play the show again. So much work for just once? Shame!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Snoetje

Soon soon soon!! I'm incredible nervous! And stressed! And aaaah! But I'll be fine, I hope. Yikes!

• Thanks Thanks x 2