1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skits for a bunch of kids

Discussion in 'Skit and Improv' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

I am a new clown instructor, but not a clown by trade. I am involved in a volunteer effort with about 35 young kids from 3-12yrs. I am in need of ideas for skits for shows that we put on for families and charity. I would appreciate any ideas that you might offer, trying to involve as many kids as possible. Thanks, :-? :-o

2. Binky

Binky New Member

The book "Bonzo presents the World's Funniest Clown Skits" has lots of classic skits that would be great for your group. The Book is by Barry DeChant.

3. Scruffy

Scruffy Boss Clown/Administrator

Clown Act Omnibus by Wes McVicar has lots of skits in it and graded by difficulty. There are also some good ones in How to be a Compleate Clown by Toby Sanders. Both can be found in our local library, so check with yours!
    I'd imagine that the inter-library loan system could get them for you.
    Scruffy

4. Cotton

Cotton New Member

skits

if this is a religious type of volunteer work there are a lot of skits if you search in your comp for ministry clowns ( not sure web site name) but they have a lot of skits

5. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

www.clown-ministry.com , has several skits and resources listed. Adapting Bible stories into clown skits, ie 'the Good Samaritan" is one that is done by many, and I've seen many different versions.
    One that one of our group wrote goes into sharing and the golden rule, no speaking, but basically, one clown comes out with a bird puppet and another clown[#2} wants it and begs and begs, so this clown lets her have it, but of course she can't make it work, and the other clowns make fun of her, but the initial clown teaches her how to make it work then they all want to try it and the 2nd clown helps to teach the next one. Skits like this allow for the older ones to do the main production, but allows you to use as many clowns as you want.

6. Scruffy

Scruffy Boss Clown/Administrator

Welcome to our board,Cotton. Would you tell us a little about yourself? Make yourself at home, Try the Veal.

7. RedClownFred

RedClownFred New Member

How about a tug-o-war? Have a pie or whipped cream in the middle. Then make each side lopsided but stop them right before one gets "whipped". You can mix this around for a while, eventually adding yourself in the tug-o-war! Can you guess who finally fallls in the whipped cream? :lol: Red Clown Fred - www.clownconceptual.com

8. biggims

biggims New Member

that good idea

i will try that and i am going to a parade next tuesday and i need some good ideas for a parade walk

9. honkers

honkers New Member

10. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

That is the best thread! Has anyone taken those ideas and compiled them into one resource or is there just a list of walk around ideas listed anywhere on here? Just wondering?
    Sara K.

11. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

12. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

O.K. Saphire Sue thanks but that is the same link. Not to be redundant but I was just wondering if they were complied into one long resource kind of organized like on one page but I guess that would be a very loooong page. Thanks that thread is great though. It helped me alot.
    Sara K.

13. tfraymond

tfraymond New Member

Clown Ministry has moved

Sapphire Sue,
    Thanks for the kind words about Clown Ministry, but unfortunately that site is down :cry: -- thankfully, all of those skits (and new ones as I come up with them) are online at freeclownskits.info :applause:

Thanks again!

14. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

Welcome to the Forum! I used to spend a fair amount of time on your site. Glad to know you are still active. (And glad to have your insights popping up here on the Forum now.)

15. tfraymond

tfraymond New Member

Howdy!

It was nice to actually meet you in person at the MCA 2014 Roundup :D

16. PolkaDot

PolkaDot New Member

Here are two of my favorite no fail things to do with a crowd of kids- give all the kids an inexpensive musical instrument and do a pied pipers trail around the room or yard (I keep a bin on wheels of whistles, kazoos, maracas and tambourines and wipe em down after every use. If it's ministry, you can say you're making a JOYFUL noise!!) The other thing I use a lot is scarf juggling- line em up and juggle back and forth to them all the way down the line-really easy and looks great! PolkaDot

• Thanks Thanks x 1