1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

single one clown gospel clowning

Discussion in 'Church and Ministry Clowning' started by Special K'z, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

My church has asked me to do some clowning for their VBS family picnic. While it doesn't have to be gospel clowning I would prefer to do something along those lines. Any help is appreciated. Single clown skits/shows are more difficult to work up in my opinion. For magic production type tricks I have/know dove pan, change bag, ball and vase, fraidy cat rabbit, mouth coils, paper hat tears, magic bubble, hot rods including the hot flips stage version, and the standard coloring book and disappearing crayons. I use these all secularly of course but any gospel applications would be appreciated. I have thought of doing recorded music such as the song The B-I-B-L-E and handing out balloon letters to volunteers on stage as the song plays repeatedly up to the 5 letters. I also have an amazing balloon whale puppet that could have gospel applications. Tying it all together is a big key. The best resource I've seen so far is this http://childrensministryvault.com/ministry-lessons-ideas-training/

If anyone has pearls of wisdom I would appreciate the advice.
    Thank you,
    Sara K.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

Wow. Good luck to you. I will also be doing the VBS thing (they're going to have a sort of "carnival" on the last day) but I think they just want me to do some balloon twisting.

If pressed, I was planning on doing an object lesson using the balloons. Though mostly I was planning on doing some goofy physical comedy using my juggling pins and what not.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Tobes the Blue Nose

Tobes the Blue Nose New Member

Sounds boss. I did an improv performance to some lids down the youth centre in Bootle, but it went pear, and they set fire to my hair. It got a good laugh though so the slightly singed scalp was a small price to pay. The chorus of paedo, paedo will live with me forever though. Good luck.