1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seattle mime

Discussion in 'Variety and Street Performance' started by Poopsie, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Poopsie

Poopsie New Member

Is anyone familiar with the Seattle area, who knows where I'd be able to find a good mime instructor? Everything and everyone working with this that i've come across is out of state which isn't an option right now. I haven't found anything advertised, but I figure there must be something here, it's Seattle. You must just have to be in the know.

Anybody in the know? Can I come in? it's cold out here.

2. Freckles McFinigin

Freckles McFinigin New Member

There was a mime at Pike Place Market a week ago on Tuesday. I don't know when he goes there or how often but he paints himself all silver and poses for pics. He was up the street from the pig outside a book store. He might be able to help you. You could look up Dana Proulx-Willis who is my personal freind, she might be able to help you. This is her website and if you mention Carl Quist she might send you a video or advise: http://www.teachwiththearts.com/index.htm
    She is a wonderful person and an amazing mime.

I can't guarantee any results but she/he may be able to help.
    I wish you luck and happy .........

P.S. It wasn't cold a week ago, what happened?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  3. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

I'm from the Seattle area, but I don't have any mime training.

However, if you go to the Seattle Clown Jam, I think most of those folks are trained in mime. And if they can't do it, they can probably point you to someone who can instruct you.

I found the Seattle Clown Jam on Facebook, and they meet every first Wednesday (typically in the spaces above the Children's Theater in the Seattle Center).

I can IM you more info if you're interested.

• Thanks Thanks x 1