1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rubber Chicken

Discussion in 'Props and Gags' started by TheJokeIsOnYou, Jan 17, 2017.

1. TheJokeIsOnYou

TheJokeIsOnYou New Member

Hello,

Have any of you seen these two specific rubber chickens before? I have been trying to get them and I can't find them anywhere.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

3. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

4. TheJokeIsOnYou

Thanks for the links, Punkin. I've come across these links before.

One problem I was having was that when I purchased a chicken where the display photo matched the chicken I wanted, I would receive the wrong one. This was because the display photo was not updated. I was afraid to buy from coolgiftsforkidsstore.com because of past occurrences.

5. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

What are you going to do when you find the exact and specific type of rubber chicken?

6. TheJokeIsOnYou

Indulge in nostalgia. Heck if I know. It was just something I was hoping I could find.

7. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

That's not much of an answer. It does nothing to describe how you might be thinking of using the chicken and I can't imagine how anyone could be so emotionally attached to one particular and specific piece of latex moulding.

8. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Don't condemn other people's fetishes. They don't condemn yours!

9. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Hey Joke...........still looking........have you tried Face Book? There's a couple of pages that have buy, sell, trade clown stuff.

10. TheJokeIsOnYou

Hey, Punkin,

Yea, I looked at Facebook. There are a couple good ones for sure. I am keeping my eyes open. I appreciate the help. Thanks a lot.

When I was a child, I had a couple of these older rubber chickens. I guess it was a funny childhood memory, but something I liked.

11. TheJokeIsOnYou

Well, I don't see why you are so "emotionally" attached to what I think or want. What's it to you? Why do you care? It's an item I want from my childhood.

12. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Understood! I have a few things from my childhood that I had to search for and found a couple of them on Ebay.........I'll keep looking.....have faith......there's got to be one someplace!

13. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

The rubber chicken, that ubiquitous, slightly phallic, comedy staple, a favourite best selling item from all joke shops for as long as anyone can remember. This most necessary accessory and prop, possessed and by all clowns. Yet what are they for? What do you do with them? Has anyone ever seen anything funny or clever done with them? Is there something inherently funny about them, that I'm missing? I have always wondered what could I do with one? I've wondered what do other clowns do with theirs. Punkin has one, in fact she has three of them! She even tried to give you one of them. She must know, so lets ask her. Punkin, what did you do with your rubber chickens? But please don't bother to tell us if it involves a latex fetish. I only want an answer if it has something even remotely related to clowning.

Of course the joke is on me because you have no better idea than she or anyone else. I made the mistake of assuming that, because you were asking for something specific, you had a particular use for it. I still hadn't twigged, despite your failure to answer my question, that you had no idea either. So apologies. Although I'm not buying the, I'm wanting to recapture some long lost treasured moment from my youth, BS.

So what's it got to do with me? Nothing. Why do I care? I suddenly realised, I really really don't.

Why did the very specific and particular rubber chicken cross the road?
    To stay well away from the kind of people who want very specific and particular rubber chickens.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  14. tim

So, I saw a decent use of rubber chickens in a short cabaret piece at the puppetry festival this weekend.

One "beautiful" chicken, with long blond hair, was adulated by everyone. She, especially, had many suitors. But, when another smaller chicken, with whom she was good friends (they could talk, she could confide, they laughed together) confessed his own love for her, she scoffed dismissively and took it as a joke. He was crushed. Apparently, she had mistakenly assumed that he was gay. So, he went off and engaged in heroic actions to obtain a love potion. But the witch discovered his intentions and mocked him, then tore his head off (adding it to the other ornaments on her fence) and ate him.

I think that the moral of the story was, "Don't be a chicken."

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

My best mate and clown partner, Capt. Bananas used to have a few chickens. He lived in a tree house and there wasn't much room, so any visitor had to sleep in the coop. I don't like birds at all. Up close I find them rather unpleasant and unsettling, I really don't like being in close proximity to them. I used to find visiting Bananas a bit of an ordeal in that respect. He used to keep a breed of chicken called a Polish Bantam and while nothing can induce me to appreciate the beauty of these things, I could tell they were very different looking to your average, run of the mill chicken. Children seemed to like them so for a few years chickens became part of the act. Just like any other kind of animal, all chickens have there own individual characters. Some don't seem to mind being petted others would sit happily under a top hat on Bananas head, to be revealed at some opportune moment to much delight. I did a bit of egg magic and Bananas, not being a skilled magician, used an egg bag. Broody ones would sit on the bobble of my hat.

They are much more interesting and fascinating to children, when they are alive and covered in feathers. than some clich├ęd rubber prop that nobody in the world seems to know what to do with. I shall try and rustle up some pictures of us performing with the Polish Bantams.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. tim

Real chickens taste better, too!