1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Register clown faces

Discussion in 'The Clown Forum' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

I am currently writing a story, and I need some help with a part of it.. I KNOW there is a place where you register clown faces and so forth. Is there a photo gallery, where a person could go and see what faces have been registered.

Shane Davis

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Many years ago (1996)i registered my name and face with "Department of Clown Registry". The faces of all registered clowns was painted on a goose egg and placed in some clown museum. I dont know if this organization still exists, but here is the contact info from 1996:

Department of Clown Registry
    P.O.Box 12 - Buchanan
    Virginia 24066

Here is a sample egg:
    http://www.rustynails.com/egghead.html

Clowny

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

This registry is run by Leon"Buttons"McBride and I believe his wife is the one who paints the eggs and it is still currently up and running. They are terrific people. BTW--this is not Leon writing this post--I just happen to have the same name and chose it long before I ever met him.

Buttonstc

4. MercyMe

MercyMe New Member

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Sounds like a lovely idea. I'd like to be an egg someday I have been to the Circus Museum in Florida, (oo you should go) but unfortunately the display was on tour at the time Would have loved to see it

Patty

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

7. Bluey

Bluey New Member

Further to the e-mail on Clowns-International's famous Egg Collection: The Collection is housed in The Clowns Gallery, Haggerston Road, Haggerston, East London. The Clowns Gallery and Museum, which is a registered charity, is owned by Clowns International. You can see some Gallery photos and photos of some of the eggs on their site: www.clowns-international.co.uk Click on The Clowns Gallery.

Clown Bluey

8. Happy Vim

Happy Vim New Member

Is there a place that I can register my clown for free? Face and name. I'm so poor that if I was any poorer I'd be derelict. (I know how old this thread is, but this is something I've been looking for for a long time and I thought it would be better than starting another thread with the same name...)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  9. Spryte!

Spryte! Active Member

Eggs in a museum

Would this be for egghead clowns only, or would you become an egghead after they laid your egg on the shelf?

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  10. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

No place that I know of for free Vim. Nobody really take the others very seriously anyway so I wouldn't worry too much.

11. Happy Vim

Happy Vim New Member

Ah ok. That's cool.

12. EEK

EEK New Member

Further to Bluey's comments above - the original Clown Egg collection has moved from London to Somerset and is now housed at Wookey Hole - a tourist attraction run by Gerry Cottle.

There remain a few eggs on display at the Clown Church in London.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. so let me guess... icp cover band? icp inspired??? juggalos 4 life

14. Happy Chappy & Daisy

Happy Chappy & Daisy Well-Known Member

Clown Church? If I'm ever "across the pond," I've GOT to check that out!

15. Alpha Clown

Alpha Clown New Member

Your absolutely correct you must pay to register your face, in fact it is me you pay its $12.37 If you notice I give all of you to forum a discount, pay now rather then pay later in court, if you continue to discard the court cease and desist order from the court, I was tried in years past people trying to do the free lunch without registry, and if you look in the prison population the second highest offence is for not paying me, they all pay me a cut, and keep a bit for administration costs.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  16. Toria the clown

Toria the clown New Member

Is it mandatory to have my face and name registered? I've heard of it, and I want to register, but I don't have the money or the resources currently and I am still really new to clowning. So I am just wondering if it is mandatory or not.

17. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

Toria I've been at this for 30 years and never had my my egg done. I've been a member of local clown alleys and world clown association. I'm in for the fun, Parades, Volunteer, Birthdays, street performance, and everything In between. Id be more worried about getting insurance to cover your butt at a performance when you take money for your time make sure your covered. World Clown Association (WCA) And Clowns of America International (COAI) both offer insurance that covers you and its relatively inexpensive about 150$ a year. They are both comparable so choose who you like. And they Both send you a cool Magazine as you will be come a member when you get the insurance from either group.
    Happy Clowning!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

I believe we used to have an annual contest to decorate Easter Eggs on the forum. Back in 2010, I made these...

[​IMG]

19. Smiley The Clown

Smiley The Clown Active Member

I've been looking for a registry as well. Anyone watching this thread, please post any info you may discover =) Love and hugs!