1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

promo video

Discussion in 'The Business of Clowning' started by Special K'z, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

• Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  2. Bonkers #361

Bonkers #361 New Member

cute! I think I would have a little more of your show in there and less balloons more clown just because your showing BIG creations. I know if I did that every child would expect that. All in all I like it!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Snoetje

Snoetje Well-Known Member

Finally, a video of someone from the forum. :D
    I was just thinking today "why aren't there many videos of the clowns here if it would be a great source to learn by watching others and talking about it?"
    I think your promo video is okay. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Bonkers #361

Bonkers #361 New Member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

I would probably lead in with video and end with photos. The balloons looked like you made some fancy designs, but the photoshop work to put them on a white background took away from their appearance.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Cardboard

Cardboard New Member

K, great vid! You do outstanding balloon work, but I agree with Bonkers about the complexity of some of the balloons. Maybe you should advise potential clients that those balloons are part of a premium package and/or for the birthday child or something like that. Tooney had a good point about the photoshop work-it could be a little better. Overall You impressed the cotton candy outta me! I've thought about doing something like this for a while so thanks for the inspiration! Honk honk!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Butterscotch

Butterscotch Pirate at Large

I loved it! Very cute magic show!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. StiltFun

StiltFun New Member

Nice video Special K. I think the length of it is perfect. I really liked the footage of your birthday party show. Hearing the children laughing so much is exactly what you want in a video. Would love to see more live footage of you at other events you mentioned (carnivals, parades, etc.) and fewer photos. Live footage makes a more powerful impression than photos do. I would also consider putting your email address on it. The more ways people have to contact you, the better. And thanks for starting this thread... I think it's going to help alot of people on this forum.

StiltFun
    http://www.StiltFun.com
    http://www.facebook.com/StiltFun

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Special K'z

Thanks Everyone.
    Bubba, Cute video it shows you can be funny but it is all just your talking. You got a good start, though, but if I didn't know you I would want to see more of what you can do. I know the photoshop is not the best but I'm not that savvy with editing photos, I could have put the unedited ones on they are not that bad but alot of twisters I've seen are taking out the backgrounds. I don't know much about this, I may end up having a professional photographer just photograph me with a huge Ken Stillman princess when I get her done but until then this is what I had. I just used a freebie program foto flex I think. As far as footage, well without an assistance to follow me around getting footage that is the hard part. I had 30 min of this show and it is the first time I have ever video taped myself (I just got the camera) with the help of the librarian (it was a library show). I picked out the best part. Stilt-I saw your promo video and it helped some. I liked how you had footage in there. It was very specific to only stilt walking but you said that is what you wanted to show case. I was trying to go more for balloons cause that is what I get most bookings for. It is hard to know what to put in because you only have so much time or it gets to be to long. Toony - I know what you mean about the bigger balloon constructions but I look at it this way - if you are a large festival planner you got to be a real ding a ling if you think I can do that sponge bob for every kid who comes to your festival. I figure show some of your best and when they call or ask you can explain that those larger constructions are for private parties or part of the birthday package. I have them in my menu binder and that is what I end up having to do all the time anyway. I get kids asking for that princess and castle all the time. Tonight at a two hour gig I think I had about half a dozen little girls ask. I end up doing the princess for them and they are happy. I also tell their moms I do birthday parties and hand out cards!!! It says right on the page in that menu binder for birthday packages or part of stage shows but kids/people don't even read that so I have to end up having to tell them that anyway. I'm not going to just leave them out cause people gotta see what you are capable of doing. Thanks for the nice comments and constructive criticism/suggestions this was a first attempt. It got me one two day four hour gig in a nearby city I've been trying to break into the market at so I'm guessing it's a good start.
    Sara K.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  10. Shell Belle

Shell Belle New Member

Ah! Man! Each of the videos are good. Special K I can't add anything that everyone else hasn't already posted on it and I agree on. Bonkers, I would of liked to see you making balloons as you talk about balloons. All in all I'm glad to see y'all working on videos. I'm disapointed in my own I'm working on. My video operator was laughing so hard you can't hear me talk - just hear her laugh! A work in progress.....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Bonkers #361

Bonkers #361 New Member

It was just something I was playing with I will be adding balloons because that is what I am known for in my area. The day I made the videos I had been in makeup for 12 hours and the heat index was 110 I was DYING!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

Cute video Special K (i could never make that lol) However i felt like the choice of music didn't really add to it, i would use a different song!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Special K'z

Thanks Gizmo,
    That music was what I could find royality free. Short of purchasing a bunch of royalty free music and then choosing one from that what music would you suggest? I don't mind purchasing a particular piece of royalty free music to be able to use it but it doesn't seem frugal to purchase a whole bunch of music and find you can't use it all. Do you know of a particular piece of royalty free music that you would recommend?
    thanks,
    sara K.

14. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

Hey Special ,

I liked your video quite a bit and it got me thinking about making one of my own...

As far as the removal of the background from you balloons. I would suggest taking pictures of your fancy sculptures against a solid colored background as that will make it a lot easier to remove said background.

If you need help getting those images cleaned up. Please shoot me a message and I can give you a hand.

Dylan

15. V

V Well-Known Member

Special K'z - I agree with most mentions above. The live video is superior to the photo stills by a lot. I would try to replace the photos with more video. The music is rather loud and (to me) unpleasant; as recommended earlier, I would work on replacing or removing that as well.

Cornflake - I liked your video. I was surprised at the editing actually. You were able to capture quite a bit in only 30 seconds.

16. Special K'z

So where do you recommend I get royalty free music that IS appropriate. I'm not a sound man. Is there anyone who does promo videos for people? I was lucky to get the video footage that I got.
    Sara K.

17. I purchased a ragtime song at http://www.whitebeetle.com/. They don't have a huge selection of the kind of music you might want, but I asked a musician friend if The Entertainer was available royalty free and he sent me this link. Like on Itunes you can listen to a short selection before purchase of many single tunes.

18. Magic Christopher

Magic Christopher New Member

I have a friend with a degree in film production. I did a show for his kid's birthday, and he made this video for me. I think I got a great deal!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  19. Snoetje

Snoetje Well-Known Member

Lucky you! Looks good. :)
    I'm also happy I learned a lot about video editing in school. :)
    Sadly I didn't learn much about using a camera haha.