1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Presidential Spam Thread

Discussion in 'The Clown Café' started by V, Nov 14, 2015.

1. V

V Well-Known Member

Electoral predictions?

This election is weird, in that it could be a blowout either way, or a tight race either way. I'll vote in the a.m. but realistically, don't care who wins - choosing between cancer and a heart attack and all - since both of them are dreadful options imho...

I'll go 275/263 - Clinton,
    Losing NC, NH, The South, The Rust Belt, The Midwest through UT - minus CO & NM.

Obviously, this could end up 300+ Clinton, or 270+ Trump. No idea. 1 more day of Reality TV Campaigning - then to Court TV I suspect...

Here is my map: http://www.270towin.com/maps/bd6N6

2. Grandpa Weatherbie

Grandpa Weatherbie Well-Known Member

Poor Aleppo. The Russians using Aleppo for target practice and United States Diplomacy are competing in Aleppo for "How to lose friends and alienate people."

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Well, today is the day. I want to encourage everyone to go and vote. Vote for the candidate you like the best or against the one you like the least. Vote your heart. Vote your conscience. Vote. Make your voice heard!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

I think that it will be a big win for Donald Trump. He will sweep from North Carolina to Florida. Surprise take of Pennsylvania and Ohio and Iowa. Tight, tight races in Wisconsin and Michigan, and maybe take Michigan. Arizona will go to him and possibly Nevada.

Likely to be some indications of voter fraud which may or may not be enough to really make a difference in the results.

The big non-surprise would be that Trump wins and the victory is called into question by the opposition claiming that the Russians and the KGB have interfered with the election results.

Or is could be a surprise win for Hillary Rodham Clinton by just the narrowest of margins.

5. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

I hope you are wrong and Donald looses big time and never pokes his head into politics again. I understand the desire for change and the want to kick the lifetime politicians out of Washington. I just feel that he doesn't have the diplomacy to become President. He thrived by making people get upset. He may be saying things that some people want to hear, but he is also saying things that are creating tension between anyone who is not a white American.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. V

V Well-Known Member

Crazy electoral night - not going to make it to the final call (early a.m.) so excited to see who has won when my alarm goes off. Looks like Trump. I blame Nate Silver - who coincidentally, has the dumbest polling methods this cycle, I've lost faith in him. Anyway, his predictions past coupe of times has spawned all of these other 'polling gurus' who apparently don't understand polling - to get into the game.

I'll add my ballot pic tomorrow (it's on my phone while I'm on my pc)...

7. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

Cheer up Hillary and remember, Nelson Mandela went to prison for 27 years before he became President.

• Laugh Laugh x 3
  8. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

And, here, I always thought that Trump was just playing the role of clown.

Should he, presumably, prevail (and accept office) today is a significant day for our vocation...no matter what one thinks of him or how one is, politically inclined....which will long be noted in history: a clown elected President, and leader of the free world.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. tim

But, Barry, if we could still reclaim the Queen......

10. Sir Toony Van Dukes

I think this quote from WTOP sums up why I am afraid,

In electing Donald Trump to the White House, Americans handed the reins to someone whose campaign was premised on an unrelenting challenge to the status quo, distrust in government and dismissal of the politicians from both parties. They chose a man who promised to channel their anger, as much as carry their hopes. He didn’t merely promise change, he promised disruption.

He comes across as a bully, willing to do or say anything without caring who might be insulted in the process.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Oohhh... I missed Nevada!!

But Hillary Rodham Clinton still hasn't conceded yet...

12. tim

As I said...the appropriate role of a clown.

It's just that the clown, usually, acts as something of an outsider, and isn't actually empowered as one who has the liberty to command and decide, but only as a sort of teller of inconvenient truths to (or concerning) those who do hold authority.

And, yes, the clown is (historically, though perhaps not as much in our own cultural expectations) dangerous, and often enough causes societal discomfort.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  13. tim

Actually, she did (though privately, to the President-Elect) overnight.

14. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Usually, the clown makes fun of the king, he doesn't become the king.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Grandpa Weatherbie

Grandpa Weatherbie Well-Known Member

Right on Pookie! You were right!

16. Everyone remember me when Trump has me locked away & killed.

17. V

V Well-Known Member

They do it every year and never follow through.....

But man, it would've been great to lose Al Sharpton, Whoopi Goldberg, Miley Cyrus, and all the other "if Trump wins I'm leaving the country..." crowd..

• Laugh Laugh x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Those are great Americans V. The only One that should leave is heading for the big seat

19. tim

A clown martyr to the cause

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  20. tim

Which is why, though the court jester was traditionally given liberty to tell truths and even mock leadership, he also ended up with his head lopped off, sometimes, too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1