1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

President Elect Obama!

Discussion in 'Political Jokes' started by Chance Marmalade, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Scruffy

Scruffy Boss Clown/Administrator

Everybody meets up for lunch at Whataburger. I'm buying!

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  2. Teabag

Teabag New Member

Obama is promising an economic stimulus package, and is promising the creation of 2.5 million jobs and increased infrastructure spending.
    I don't think its possible but I hope he can pull of this hat-trick. Otherwise, paying for the stimulus will be the least of our worries!

3. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Yay.. once Texas secedes, the green movement can get moving in earnest, the United States will be the leaders of the world once again, and poor Texas will be left behind as the most significant polluting country in the world. Don't mess with Texas. Or is that Texas: what a mess!

• Laugh Laugh x 2
  4. Darrell

Darrell Well-Known Member

That was mean; but very funny!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Jamz

Jamz Moderator

It was said the day a black man was elected president pigs would fly

Well swine flu

• Laugh Laugh x 7
  6. I just heard this joke a couple days ago and meant to put it up! Darn it lol! It is a great joke.

7. tim

Shoot, so did I but forgot all about the thread. GREAT joke.

8. tim

Does anyone actually own a Chia Obama? I find the radio commercials absolutely hilarious.

9. Zippy Zoo

Zippy Zoo New Member

I'm running against you!

Attached Files:

10. Zippy Zoo

Zippy Zoo New Member

Yeah, why are we talking politics? They make lousy pies! Now bananas.....:pie:

11. Zippy Zoo

Zippy Zoo New Member

Hey! I'LL BE 35 ON INAUGUARATION DAY! Vote for ZIPPY ZOO!:cool: I'm throwing my big fuzzy stove hat in the ring!

12. you wont win I already got onevote in the last Election

• Laugh Laugh x 2
  13. V

V Well-Known Member

I voted Obama, but Sarah Palin wasn't given a fair shake at all. McCain chose her as a running mate as a knee-jerk reaction to Obama not taking on Hillary (thank god) late in
    Wow, what a difference a term makes. Did I write that? Sorry!

14. Yin Yang

Yin Yang Active Member

Actually the notion that Texas has a constitutional right to secede is a myth. http://www.burntorangereport.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=8425 So I suppose that Texas is stuck with the rest of America, and vice versa. Whether we always like it or not. :p

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  15. Yin Yang

Yin Yang Active Member

I understand, and appreciate this sentiment. Actually, one of the reasons I decided to first get into clowning was to give myself a past time other than politics. Those whom know me personally will soon realise that I'm a staunch Democrat. However I also believe in being courteous, and considerate, even towards people I might disagree with, namely conservative Republicans. :) In fact, I have a number of Republicans/conservatives on my Facebook friendlist. And by the way, in my opinion political comedy is better suited for stand up, rather than clown. And I sometimes get confused by political comedians anyway. I find it difficult to tell if they're trying to present an actual opinion in a humorous way, or using tongue in cheek, sardonic, satire.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  16. Harpoetta

Harpoetta New Member

"Actually the notion that Texas has a constitutional right to secede is a myth. http://www.burntorangereport.com/sho...o?diaryId=8425 So I suppose that Texas is stuck with the rest of America, and vice versa. Whether we always like it or not." - Yin Yang

Darn - if they were going to secede, I was going to move there. :( (Only partially kidding.)

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  17. tim

There's always China!

18. tim

That's a good thing. I recently heard a disturbing statistic. That of how in Presidential elections of decades past, people often were friends with others who voted for a different candidate than theirs (to a high percentage.) In more recent elections, however, this percentage had declined drastically (to something like 15%.) Such seems to indicate that society is isolating itself into groups of people who think alike, but don't associate with others of differing perspectives, such that we are, therefore, unable to understand each other, share, and grow. We need more people like yourself who can call those with whom they don't see eye to eye, truly, "friends."

I think that there is an appropriate outlet for it in clown, also. Historically, the court jester served this purpose. And, more recently, the circus clown of the 1800s offered such satire. Of course, Dan Rice (whom popularized "Uncle Sam") was certainly a sort of clown character. How it might best take shape in contemporary times is an interesting idea worth exploring, actually.

Maybe it is a bit of both!

19. Lets not talk politics and religion...... God bless America.

Doh

• Laugh Laugh x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Simply Knute

Simply Knute Well-Known Member

I suppose i'm a rare breed. I'm very fiscally conservative, and socially a little more liberal.. I still consider myself to be conservative, because social issues very rarely get a person elected. (although, this whole birth control thing could get some not elected) I have a pretty even distribution of liberal friends and conservative friends.. I just try not to tell the liberal ones that they're wrong and let them think they're smarter than me...

• Laugh Laugh x 1