1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

President Elect Obama!

Discussion in 'Political Jokes' started by Chance Marmalade, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Just wanted to say congratulations to all my fellow Obama supporters and state how happy and excited I am. I thought McCain's concession speech was excellent and I have even more respect for the man now (still none for Palin though). Congratulations!!!!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  2. Perry Noia

Perry Noia New Member

Congratulations neighbours on your first coloured president! I hope he can live up to everyone's expectations and there isn't too violent an outcry from any extremist groups. I'm hopeful that he can make some really good changes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. The Princess of Bozonia

The Princess of Bozonia Administrator Staff Member

Happy Obama Day, everyone!

He's the right man for the job this time; race had nothing to do with it for most voters.

John McCain made an excellent concession speech, and I think most of his supporters will agree that we've got to support our new President despite any remaining philosophical differences. President-Elect Obama's got a huge mess to clean up, and if he fails we all fail.

(The real downside to an Obama presidency is that there won't be as much fodder for jokes. He's just not as entertaining as having a bumbling idiot in office.)

• Laugh Laugh x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
  4. Ditchbug Smith

Ditchbug Smith New Member

Congrats to the Obamamyster,
    I'm just hoping he can get me out of the rut I'm in.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. Lolly Plop

Lolly Plop New Member

Congratulations to our new preident. I am proud to be an American once again, and relieved that the Democratic process is not controlled by the oil companies anymore.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. Nevada

Nevada New Member

He was not my guy.... my head is just sinking low at this time, Have not felt this bad since Clinton was in office

• Thanks Thanks x 7
  7. I guess it didn't matter that i didn't vote cuz if i did i leaning tword him even thow he is a huge lier

• Groan Groan x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Scruffy

Scruffy Boss Clown/Administrator

Yes, It does matter that you didn't vote. If you don't vote. then you can't gripe.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  9. no anyone who voted for him & he screws up cant gripe cuz its their fault he is there

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Groan Groan x 1
  10. Well said. Obama was stronger on all the issues that really mattered to the voters this time around. I have never been happier with a president and I voted for Bill.

I don't expect Obama to be able to fix eight years of terrible leadership in the first year, or even the second or third. I don't know any supporters that do. It may take his whole term, it may take two terms, it may need to go beyond Obama. One thing is for sure though, Obama is the man to tackle it.

Willace, you should have voted. How can you call Obama a liar? And why would you support someone you felt was one? Maybe I didn't read that right. I think Obama is going to happily surprise both Democrats and Republicans.

If you've read Audacity of Hope you will have seen that the politicians Barack most admires cross party lines. I think that's how he is going to lead us. Uniting both Democrats and Republicans.

Our standing in the world's eyes has already begun to improve. There are so many Americans who were dismayed with the Bush administration. Now, there are so many Americans who are proud, happy and full of hope. Thank you Obama.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  11. The Princess of Bozonia

The Princess of Bozonia Administrator Staff Member

I certainly don't agree with him on every issue (case in point: FISA bill) and will have no trouble griping when he lets me down. When a politician does something you don't like, you can always contact their office and tell the staff so, and it carries more weight if you say "I voted for him, but won't do so again!" They tally people's opinions and react accordingly. Plenty of Republicans complained when Bush did something they didn't like; the problem was he often didn't listen to his supporters and advisers when they tried to tell him he was making a mistake.

Have you ever complained to your senator or representative over something you didn't like, Willace?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. both were liars every one that ran for prez was a liar but he was the only one that said anything i agreed with even thow he didn't mean a word of it Plus neather of them payed me I'm not above takeing a bribe they want votes I want money. & i'm for real a clown should run in full clown then i would change the adress on my voter card & vote as early as possable.

• Groan Groan x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  13. Darrell

Darrell Well-Known Member

Already making excuses for Obama?

• Laugh Laugh x 2
  14. Don't need to. Though I would have to make up some crazy ones to explain why someone like McCain/Palin would be elected. :pie:

15. Princess no i never complaned to them they dont care about us little people & they wont change if we were laying bleeding & dieing in the street they would step over us & keep walking

• Groan Groan x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Willace, I think you need a dose of comedy. I prescribe Chaplin's film "One A.M."

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  17. yea people call me a Cinic or a pessamist But i think i see things as they really are

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Groan Groan x 2
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  18. Darrell

Darrell Well-Known Member

19. Uh oh.
    [​IMG]

• Laugh Laugh x 4