1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing card business cards?

Discussion in 'The Business of Clowning' started by LarryTheClown, Oct 2, 2013.

1. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any site to order business cards in the style of playing cards? I have actually seen a few but there's reservations I have with the ones available:

1.) Moo.com had a decent poker card format with numbers on the back. However, it strikes me as too specialized toward poker players (and they don't look like playing cards, really).

2.) Also at moo.com, someone apparently did make their own custom made playing card style business cards, and they look great! I don't want to infringe on his style, though. Also, while it is possible for me to make my own, I have no doubt my merely adequate photoshop skills will come off as amateurish.

3.) zazzle.com also has a few, but the majority of them are overpriced, and also as amateur looking as if I made them myself. There was a nice scary clown joker one, but I am sure I don't want to hand that business card to say parents looking for a birthday clown.

4.) I did a search on vista print and came up with nothing.

Has anyone encountered decent business cards that look like a deck of cards?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

I'm on the road so I don't have my resource library with me but in the back of Magic magazine there is a company that starts with K... I down't quite remember that makes business card/playing card decks. Seems like the minimum order was 1000 DECKS of cards, but they were actual playing card quality. Is that the quality you are looking for, or are you looking for cards with all with a specific card on the back for some kind of force?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. LarryTheClown

That sounds like something up my alley... but the minimum order is really quite steep! Ah well, thanks anyway for the suggestion! At least I know there's something out there! (I guess I'll settle for some really standard looking business cards. I'm still kinda surprised people ask for business cards these days, but someone did, so there's that. :) )

4. Ronny Ronito

Ronny Ronito New Member

Could I suggest you only concentrate on the back of the playing card, this way you can have any style you want, including Bicycle, with your message on the front.
    This is the type of card I use.
    I fan them out and tell the client to "pick a card, any card"
    Single design for the back and a single design for the front, less expensive and very effective.
    http://playingcards.wikidot.com/bicycle:rider-back

5. Ronny Ronito

Ronny Ronito New Member

6. Ronny Ronito

Ronny Ronito New Member

7. LarryTheClown

Those are good suggestions, Ronnie! I think I'm going to dust up my photoshop skills to make a custom Bicycle-like card back, maybe integrating my clown costume into one of the images. It does seem to be the cheapest option at the moment.