1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peachey Keene

Discussion in 'The Clown Forum' started by Punkin, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how many of you knew Peachey.......Stephen Long..........who was not only a clown, but made fantastic foam props; but he passed away on Sunday. Prayers for his family and friends. Peachey has earned his angel wings and is flying high watching over our clown family.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

Punkin, Thanks for letting us know. I knew Peachy was still having health issues but I didn't realize how bad the situation had gotten.

3. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

No problem, Fitzwilly........here is what his daughter wrote to Bubba Sikes................
    3 hrs
    It is with a heavy heart I share this post from Steve’s Daughter. Steve was one of my Best Friends and he will be missed by so, so many people that knew hip. RIP buddy.

On Sunday, January 21, Steve “Peachey Keene” Long went home to be with his Father in Heaven. He had been visiting with us in Hawaii since Dec 23, with plans to attend his oldest granddaughter’s wedding on January 27th. He had been having some health issues while with us, but he was starting to feel better and wanting to get out and enjoy our island more. We rented him a mobility scooter so that he could join us on some walks and scenic outings. On Sunday morning, we headed out to Makapu’u lighthouse, with him in the lead! We saw whales and the sun and the ocean waves. We met up with our youngest daughter and her husband and some other family who were coming down the trail, and we stopped to chat for a few minutes. Ever the adventurer, dad decided to head up to the lighthouse and meet us there. As Mark and I, and our dear friend Kelly, were making our way up the trail, we were met by a man asking if we were with the gentleman on the scooter. Turns out, dad had fallen and had a head wound. We ran up the path to him, and I was able to sit with him and hold his hand while waiting for the paramedics. He made eye contact and smiled, and although struggling to talk, when I asked him his name, he said “pud-in-tame”... then with a slow smile and deep breath, he slipped into a coma...from which he did not recover. We later found out that he had a massive hemorrhagic stroke, which caused the fall and head wound.

A fear that I had, after he got sick a few years ago, and we had already moved to Hawaii, was that something would happen to him alone in his house... and God, in all His wisdom, saw fit to bring him here to us, so that the last thing he looked at was not the floor of his house, alone and scared, but my face, smiling at him and laughing at his answer to my question of “Can you tell me your name?”

We know he was loved by many, and looked up to as a mentor, friend and entertainer. His biggest joy in life, aside from bragging about his grandkids, was making people happy! To that end, please let your memories of him be ones that bring a smile and laugh, and know that although he may not have checked everything off of his bucket list, his life was full.

Godspeed dad... see you down the road....

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

Wow, glad to know he was with family. Thanks for the extra information. He will be missed.

5. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

I got to meet him at the convention in Erie in 2015. He made some props for me over the years and one for a friend of mine later. He was so nice. He'll be missed!

6. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

Peachey was a regular at ClownFest and MACA conventions. He had a great selection of foam props. He will be missed.