1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Party Caboose

Discussion in 'Clown Classifieds' started by tim, Feb 3, 2015.

1. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

2. V

V Well-Known Member

While maybe not as cool as a train car, it's surprisngly common for transit buses to be converted into various degrees of a party bus.

They're incredibly affordable once they go to public auction (usually after 12 years - grants and all) where a 30-40 bus can sell for a few hundred bucks.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. tim

Yeah, but as a kid oriented party bus? With balloons rather than barf?

4. tim

Admittedly, the transportation cost of moving (and keeping on the move) a bus is much more economical than transporting these classic rail cars to sit somewhere.

That said, I really do want the classic 50s style diner car for sale on that site:

http://www.ozarkmountainrailcar.com/detail.asp?id=792&n=ATSF-Lunch-CounterDiner-1566-SOLD

Oh, no. Someone finally bought it. I've been coveting that car for ages. Well, I hope that they at least take good care of it, preserve it, and perhaps reopen it as a diner again. I know that I would certainly patronize the business.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  5. tim

Looks like they got the partner, also. Another beauty:
    http://www.ozarkmountainrailcar.com/detail.asp?id=793

I guess I'll have to go on to my next rail car crush. It actually still rolls. But costs a lot more money. Still, quite reasonable. And a real great renovated piece.

6. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. azzy

azzy Yes, We Have No Bananas

There's a campground out here where you can stay in a converted caboose as a cabin, that seems pretty neat but EWW NATURE YUCK.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Clown_Austin316

Clown_Austin316 New Member

Back in my ~drifting days~ (I say this with a je ne sais quoi that you just can't place but find enticingly mysterious--feel free to probe me about this lifestyle), I used to inhabit a very similar looking caboose that we and the other tenants called the party caboose! I had to pay for it dearly (a close brush with tetanus), but I remember a good night or two frolicking in the caboose, letting our inhibitions go and romp stomping with my dear boys.

smooch smooch,

Steven Austin

• Thanks Thanks x 1