1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

outfit

Discussion in 'Newbies to clowning' started by Skip, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Skip

Skip New Member

here is my rookie outfit. what do you think? sans makeup clownoutfit1.jpg

2. Skip

Skip New Member

tie or collar?

3. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

I think it's a good look, Skip!

4. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

It's clever for an initial outfit.

I really like your socks and shoes!

5. Skip

Skip New Member

clown4.jpg here is a thrift store outfit and another attempt at my makeup. i still have to dye or flesh the white in the wig. I have ordered some shorts and knickerbockers from awesome and royal golf clothing co. my name is Duffy as in golf dyffer

6. tim

I like this a lot better. Add a bib or tie. Lose the creepy surgical long gloves, and you'll be good to go.

7. Skip

Skip New Member

actually that is a long sleeved shirt and short gloves. seen a big polka dot bow tie I'm thinking of getting

8. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

For the makeup, notice how the white goes downward from the nose? I think it might look better if the white starts lower and goes up slightly instead of down, like the shape of an apple cut in half with the nose as the stem.

The eyebrows seem more like a line separating the white and flesh. I don't think you need the outline draw at the top.

For the costume, I agree with Tim on the gloves. Might br the pastel vs bright yellow. There are different yellows between yhe stripes on the shirt, long sleeves, socks and shoes. Pulling in the color of the pants onto the hat might tie the two together.

9. tim

Lose them both.

Add a silk flower, or something, to the hat.

10. tim

As to color schemes, a good rule of thumb is to not get too crazy with too much, but stick to three colors. A plaid or striped pattern qualifies as one color, but build off that for either compatibility or contrast.

11. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

I definitely think you are heading in a better direction with the second outfit. Like Tim said, add something clowny to the hat. I think a polka-dot bow tie is too much pattern. Try a bow tie in a solid fabric -- perhaps black with a light blue center to match the pants. You can easily make one.

12. When you live in a country that has thrift stores that stock trousers like those, why would anyone shop at Mooseburger?

I buy old vintage bowler hats (what you call derby hats) and paint them to the colour or design that suits or enhances my outfits. Your hat has a nice shape but don't assume it always has to be black. If you found a nice blue of a similar tone and hue to the blue of your pants and painted the hat, it would tie the costume together from top to bottom and contrast well with the orange of your wig.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1