1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Upon a Circus music for Church venues

Discussion in 'Church and Ministry Clowning' started by Kerry Kistler, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Kerry Kistler

Kerry Kistler New Member

[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif]Hi all,
    I wanted to let you know about a new CD of performance music I just released called Once Upon a Circus. It's original music that we had custom produced for a touring illusion show we once trouped.

The unique feature of this music is that is blends traditional hymns with familiar circus tunes. Really. Visit the site and listen to some of the samples at www.OnceUponaCircus.com

I hope you like it and will help me get the word out to the Christian clowning community - and beyond.

God's best,
    Kerry Kistler
    [/FONT]

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. This is just what I've been looking for. I'll be ordering by the end of the week. Do you have enough pre orders for CDs? Glad you will send a download until you have enough. I'm on a mobile device now, so will wait to order a day or two. Thanks.

3. Kerry Kistler

Kerry Kistler New Member

Hi Mimi, My ads have not hit the clowning magazines yet, so word is getting out slowly. As of today, I have 3 pre orders for the actual CD and around 7 or 8 sales for the mp3 album. Whatever orders I have by September will have to do, and I'll be getting the CD made, so the longest you would wait is mid-September. But the link to the mp3 album download would be sent to you within 24 hours of your order to get you going.
    Thanks, Kerry

4. Great. Have you considered Pricilla Mooseburger as a distributor. Camp starts July 23 with 100 clowns and a great dealers shop. She sells all year, too. Just a thought.

5. Zoodles

Zoodles New Member

I love it! I won't be at Mooseburger camp but will be at Kidabra in Tennessee next month. I'm sure you could sell many there too!

6. Kerry Kistler

Kerry Kistler New Member

Hi friends,
    In response to a PM, I though I would share this info:

Thanks for your honest opinion on pricing. It took me a long time to arrive at a price I thought was fair. Over the years I have purchased 20 or 30 royalty-free CDs for use in my shows, and they have always been priced higher for a variety of reasons - mostly because the small market requires a higher price to recoup production costs.
    Here are a few of the performance track I own (as comparison):

1. ArthurStead.com "Make it Magic" CDs: $30-$35 each

2. Sonic-sorcery.com CDs: $29.95, Single tracks: $10 each

3. NathanJRoberts.com "Magitunes" CDs: $25 each

4. Sound-Ideas.com "Classic Comedy Music" CDs $99 each

I hope you can see why I thought my pricing was reasonable: $19.95 for the download album and $27.95 for a high-quality CD.

To my knowledge, nobody has combined traditional hymns with circus tunes in this way, so the music is rare, unique and custom produced especially for performers.

COUPON CODE
    Introductory Offer: For a limited time you may save 10% when purchasing the ENTIRE ALBUM (CD or MP3) by entering the words Circus Special in the coupon code box on the order form. Credit/Debit, PayPal or checks are accepted. Or phone your order: 417-894-3455 or 894-3458.

Thank you for your inquiry and interest,
    Kerry Kistler

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  7. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

You should also hit some clown groups on Facebook. That would be a good way to get the word out. Try COAI magazines to put an add in. That would get lots of those who do skits etc. that could really use the music.
    Sara K.
    P.S. I think you are very reasonably priced.

8. Kerry Kistler

Kerry Kistler New Member

Thanks Sara and the rest.
    Facebook groups, Mooseburger and Kidabra are all great ideas. Would you mind pointing me to the Facebook groups I should start with. I'm afraid I'll miss the convention season this summer. I had friends at the Fellowship of Christian Magicians convention this week who would have carried the CD, as well as interest from Steve Kissell and his sales table. COAI and Clowning Around are on my list to advertise in, but the investment is higher than you might think, and I feel like I should get the CDs produced first so I can fill those orders promptly.

By the way, I also publish a quarterly magazine for performing chalk artists called Chalk Illustrated. Currently there are over 470 subscribers. Steve Kissell thinks it would be a great variety art to share with clowns and has asked my wife and I to perform at the Show Me Clowns for Jesus convention in Springfield, MO, Feb. 2014. My wife is a ventriloquist and does a bit of clowning. Check out the magazine at www.ChalkIllustrated.com

Best always,
    Kerry

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Zoodles

Zoodles New Member

Got the downloadable version today & have it on my iPhone - I worked a birthday party & had my phone playing from my pocket. The hostess asked me the funniest question... she looked at me and said, "Where's this clown music coming from? It started when you got here and I've been hearing it since!"....

I told her it was clown magic... :)

Loved it! Thank you for producing this little gem!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Bid -Bad-Bobo

Bid -Bad-Bobo New Member

God clowning is so good!

11. Kerry Kistler

Kerry Kistler New Member

[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif]Zoodles gave me a GREAT tip!
    Kunaki is the best thing going for manufacturing small run, high quality CDs. I've placed an order to check the quality, but I found a thread at www.homerecording.com and people were very happy with Kunaki.

This is going to save me a couple of bucks on each unit and I'm passing on the savings to customers by lowering my price to $25.95, and I'm also sending a $2 rebate to those who have already purchased the "hard copy" CD. I'm also including a full-color, 8 page souvenir booklet from the Once Upon a Circus show with each CD I ship.

Thanks again Christine. Awesome tip, right when I needed it the most.

Best always,
    Kerry Kistler[/FONT]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Dancin' Dot

Dancin' Dot Active Member

Kerry, I am very interested in purchasing a CD from you. The music is great! -DD