1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Officially one year since I became a clown!

Discussion in 'Newbies to clowning' started by JedTheClown, Aug 3, 2016.

1. JedTheClown

JedTheClown Member

one year ago I became a clown. My main goal was to provide for my growing family ( I have four kids)! I started off with a bang and ever since its been non stop! Over 80 gigs in a year, on top of my full time job (which is a hotel job and I literally work every weekend), and getting busier every month.

I don't know how it is on the mainland, but here in Hawaii 1st birthdays are a big thing. Think over 200 people at parties, people renting out hotel ballrooms, rec centers, and everything in between. People spend thousands on a first birthday.

I was able to reinvest a lot of my income into bigger and better things. I now have a full stage kids magic show! It took awhile but within a year friends and family went from saying "you're an idiot to want to be a clown" to "wow, how's business?"

Now I'm in the process of perfecting my magic show and expanding my business with more marketing. We really only have a few clowns on Oahu while everyone else are either magicians or balloon twisters.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave advice and encouragement!

Thinking about doing YouTube videos, but I'm really now YouTube savvy. Mahalo!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

3. Squirty

Squirty New Member

Congrats!

4. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

It's great to see someone so new succeeding so well so soon.

5. The NORMAL One

The NORMAL One Active Member

Congrats, it sounds like you are really rolling. Make sure you remember the "Valance" I hope you, and your growing family also have laughs and smiles.

6. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

My ex-wife's family had a few celebrations while I was in Hawaii. And I can attest to the amount of time and effort they put into them.

And great, Jed!! I am glad that things are going well for you.

So, do you do a straight clown show, or are there local references, a la Frank Delima?? Any possibility of seeing a video of you performing???

Hana Hou!! Hana Hou!! Give 'em, braddah!!!

7. WillyNilly

WillyNilly Member

Hu'i hu'i Brah. Ho'omaika'i'Ana. (hope that came out right)
    WN

8. JedTheClown

JedTheClown Member

I haven't found my niche yet. Basically a kids show, fast paced, and let the kids be part of the show as much as I can. Don't have a video yet, hopefully this coming year

• Friendly Friendly x 1