1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now Hiring... (again)

Discussion in 'The Clown Forum' started by V, Feb 2, 2018.

1. V

V Well-Known Member

I toured my sideshow for a season a couple of years back and do to requests, am going to do another run this year (possibly next, short-ish notice). Anyway... I've expanded it a bit and have steered it towards a western-y steampunk type show. I still have a stationary 'freak/side show' as part of it, but realistically most of those are done with the traditional 45 degrees and don't take a skilled performer (save for wit and personality - even for the headless ones!).

What I have currently is a:

Whip Performer
    Lariat Performer
    Knife/Tomahawk Performer
    Gun Spinner/Quick Draw Performer (on-and-off depending on venue)
    Band/Singers (maybe the best investment I've ever made in a show. Amazing what a live band can bring to thematic events)
    Magician(s) - Strolling & Stage
    Juggler(s)

What I'm looking for is a:

Experienced Hat Manipulator
    Experienced Contact Juggler
    Experienced Blockhead
    Experienced Contortionist(s)
    Experienced Aerial Artist(s) - No Slings; Silk or Lyra only. No basic Lyra
    Experienced Hoop Dancers

Show is expected to have an 8 week in Summer. 6 Week Autumn. Depending on the start date in will be Summer 18/Fall 18 or Fall 18/Summer 19.

Please have video or a performance and/or prepare an audition video. Upload either toYouTube and PM me a link via PM or as a response to this thread. Thanks,

V

2. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

What sort of touring route/part of the country?

3. V

V Well-Known Member

Only regional festivals currently planned. Virginia, North Carolina, West Virginia, & Tennessee - portions of each state, not the entirety.

Tentative plan (as it's still in the making) is to perform regional festivals during the run. Opportunities for set-up outside of festivals in certain markets. Hoping to work Mount Airy, N.C. for a short run, possibly a long weekend - still working on venues. Mount Airy is probably most famous as the inspiration for Mayberry from Andy Griffith, but also the adopted home of Eng and Chang Bunker (the 'original' Siamese twins). Surry County (which holds Mt Airy) still hosts a sizable Bunker family reunion, has a small Eng & Chang museum, etc - I think it would be a great backdrop for the show if I can find a suitable venue to host.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018 at 12:35 AM