1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New clown, new troubles

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Reggie_huggs, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Reggie_huggs

Reggie_huggs New Member

Well hi everyone...I'm a kid from a small town who has decided to pursue clowning as a career, but that leads to some issues...It feels like no one really supports my dream, no one really gets how important it is to me! Even my best friend seems to skip over the subject a lot... I'm supposed to debut at my school's homecoming this Saturday, and I'm so nervous! Just...just came here to rant and gather up my courage, I guess

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Remember, as a clown, it's ok to fail. In fact, failure is celebrated. Just be genuine.

3. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

I am sure that once they see you at the homecoming, they will take more notice of you and your career goals. Most kids don't know what they want to do as a career or pick some generic item like fireman or astronaut... Mine was definitely, astronaut.

I wish I was still a kid and could pick a summer camp or other program that offers clowning and circus skills.

Find others in your area with similar interests. See if there is a juggling club, magician ring, or clown alley. Join a community theatre program.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Reggie_huggs

Reggie_huggs New Member

Just got back from homecoming and it went GREAT! I found out what worked (talking through a whistle I carried) and everyone seemed to really enjoy it! I guess "Reggie the Clown" has officially been born!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Special K'z

Special K'z Well-Known Member

Yeah! congratulations. You are a huge step further than many others! Just keep finding places to put yourself out there and learn from every encounter. Do your research and work on your sense of humor. You can become funnier it takes practice. This forum is a great place to start but so is social media. Just search for the funny in life and you will find your funny bone. Just don't sit around on your isshium cause that "is not the key um" to being funny. You gotta get out there. Go get em tiger.