1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name?

Discussion in 'Newbies to clowning' started by Skip, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Skip

Skip New Member

how does one select their clown name? Opening a can of worms....?

2. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

"Worms the Clown".

There you are Skip, job's done for you. Pay me when you can afford it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Well, I still haven't named my clown. It's sort of a comic ambiguity in persona.

But, I suppose you could pick a name out of a hat. But, first, make sure you put some names into the hat. Otherwise, you might have people calling you Stetson. Or 6 and 7/8!

4. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

There are no real rules about names. Some people base their clown name on their real name. So, Joe might become Joey the Clown. Other people use a nickname they have had for years. I just made something up.

One thing to consider are the other clowns in your area. If there is already a clown named Skip, then it could be confusing for customers if you also are Skip. Since social media and the Internet are important, you might want to see if the domain name is available before picking a name. If every combination of Skip The Clown are already taken, then you might have a hard time finding a good website.

Someone suggested starting a list whenever something good came along and use that for inspiration. For my name, one item on the list was honeydukes from the Harry Potter series.

• Thanks Thanks x 1