1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new Clown Car

Discussion in 'The Business of Clowning' started by Viv, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Viv

Viv New Member

Here is my latest mode of clown transportation. It is a 1992 Geo Metro Micro Van Conversion, that was a factory built conversion. I am a car guy/clown and have never seen another one like it. I plan to put my logo on the side. This thing look smaller in person, but has a lot of room in the back. It used to be a flower shop delivery van.

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  2. Finney

Finney New Member

Congratulations Viv! How many clowns can you fit in that thing?

• Laugh Laugh x 2
  3. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

cool, love to see the pics when you get it done the way you want.

4. Viv

Viv New Member

Thanks,

Still removing old decals, getting it ready for paint.

5. Jodie

Jodie New Member

You are one lucky clown ! :cool:

6. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

A factory conversion? Is that another way of saying it was a prototype that never got off the ground?

What is that powered with, a 1.8L 3 cylinder? I vaguely remember that the Geos had a fan club, and that the cars had the makings for being fuel efficient, but the tech at the time didn't make it easy.

7. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

So, is it hard to drive when it's sideways???

8. Viv

Viv New Member

It actually has a 1.0 liter 3 cylinder engine. It started life as a Geo Metro and was converted into a delivery truck by a company called Micro Van Conversions.

9. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

A 1.0L? Wow! I look forward to seeing more pictures as it progresses.

10. scottgrimaldi

scottgrimaldi New Member

Nice looking van, kinda like the old Morris mail vans.

11. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

Sweet. When do you anticipate having it converted into a clown mobile? Be sure to post "after" pics!

12. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Nooooooo.... REALLY???

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  13. TheRealTwinkleToes

TheRealTwinkleToes New Member

have you considered looking into vinyl? they can actually put a photo of you on the side. or pretty much anything you want.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Viv

Viv New Member

I am considering vinyl at the moment, just our logo. I have seen the full vinyl "Wraps", pretty cool.

15. Viv

Viv New Member

Really! Really!

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  16. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

They wrap the public transit train cars with vinyl ads here sometimes (and in many other cities, also.)

17. TheRealTwinkleToes

almost every company vehicle gets some sort of vinyl work anymore, most often you see it on the big tractor trailers all the images are vinyl. Its not cheap though. to wrap something like all over would be several grand. although just a small image on the side wouldn't be to bad.

18. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

I heard some friends of Tim tried wrapping him in vinyl a while back but the records kept breaking.

• Laugh Laugh x 2
  19. TheRealTwinkleToes

man that was ruuufffff haha, that reminds me of our school graduation party, they took records heated them alittle in an oven then sat them in a large bowl to take shape once cooled they used the records as bowls for potato chips.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  20. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

That is a great idea.