1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Makeup Evolution

Discussion in 'The Clown Forum' started by Mavis Pierrot, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mavis Pierrot

Mavis Pierrot New Member

Hello everyone, I thought I'd share how my makeup has evolved since I've started around October of last year~ I think it's interesting to see my style develop into more of an animated/graphic/clown makeup. It's also kinda funny to see the slow death of my beloved pink wig.

October 2016:
    IMG_0437.JPG

Early December 2016:
    IMG_0441.JPG

Late December 2016:
    IMG_0442.JPG

Early January 2017:
    IMG_0443.JPG

February 2017:
    IMG_0446.JPG

March 2017:
    IMG_0449.JPG IMG_0451.JPG

April 2017:
    IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0457.JPG IMG_0482.JPG

I've really been enjoying this style and really feel like it works best with my personality and the kind of character Mavis is. I'd love to hear some feedback and critiques~

• Creative Creative x 2
  2. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

I think you look fantastic and I would caution you not to take any aesthetic advice from anyone here. You have a style and sensibility that brings something new and fresh to the world of clowning. Do you own thing and push the limits in experimentation to find what works best for you. Much of the advice proffered here is given to help people look the same and conform to a very narrow and limited vision of what a clown "should" look like. You certainly don't need that kind of help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

Ill throw my two cents in even though Barry thinks any advise here is trash and and conformist driven. I like the makeup one thing I'd lose the fake freckles they muddy the look. I like the Drag influences Of RuPauls Drag Race, Trixie Mattel even a little Kim Chi is what I see there. You've got a great look but the randomness of the freckles muddies the look. The White face and the Auguste type in the black shirt look great But Those freckles I keep hearing Bianca saying that you drove down the highway and the bugs just splattered all over your face! You don't need them freckles and You'ld look what...... Sickning! love the progress!

4. Mavis Pierrot

Mavis Pierrot New Member

Ok first of all, I don't have bugs splattered on my face, I've never had bugs splattered on my face, if I wanted bugs splattered on my face, yes I could go out and splatter some on, because I am what? SICKENING. You could NEVER have bugs splattered on your face because you. Are. Not. That. Kind. Of. Clown. Baby, every freckle I have I worked for and painted myself from the cheek up, you SILLY CLOWN. *end Shangela reference

But really, thanks guys! I have a love hate relationship with the freckles, I think they work with some looks I do but not all of them. I think they add a sort of friendly, youthful vibe like Loonette the Clown, although I'll do anything to not be completely demolished by Bianca. And yes, I am heavily inspired by Trixie and Kim Chi. The unconventional look calls out to me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ToonUp

ToonUp Member

I think freckles work well on cheeks and noses, but they're distracting on foreheads. I mostly like the whiteface look you've got, but wonder about the bruise-like color of the nose and the necessity of the black line over it. I think the pink nose you're wearing in the last auguste pic looks better. It looks like you might have layered your color over a complete whiteface and that may have muddied your palate. Overall, I'm liking the evolution.

6. Donuts

Donuts Active Member

I agree freckles on the forehead are distracting lose them and the look would be so much more youthful and appealing

7. Mavis Pierrot

Mavis Pierrot New Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm almost out of my clown white but once I order some more I'll be practicing my whiteface. I've decided to ditch the freckles completely since I forget to draw them on most of the time anyway. I think in this past month my makeup has become just a tad simpler without the crazy stuff going on under my eyes, but that's mainly because I can't think of any new designs to paint on.
    IMG_0614.JPG IMG_0616.JPG IMG_0607.JPG
    I've also started to put just a suggestion of blush on my nose to give it that anime, I'm-about-to-sneeze-on-your-food look.

• Creative Creative x 1