1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Performance. Tips?

Discussion in 'The Clown Café' started by Mavis Pierrot, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Mavis Pierrot

Mavis Pierrot New Member

So this coming Friday, the 30th, I'll have my very first performance at a club. I'll be lip syncing to Americano and John Wayne by Lady Gaga~

I've prepared a routine that includes balloon animals and a toy horse on a stick. Hopefully they'll like me enough to start booking me so I can make some coins for making a fool of myself.

I wanted to know if anyone has any tips such as how to deal with stage fright and some do's and dont's. I would google, but I would prefer to hear from some clowns with experience rather than an author on wikihow.

Also, I thought I'd share what I would be wearing.
    IMG_0773.JPG
    Xoxo, Mavis~

2. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

A good piece of advice I've heard for fright is to think of your "happy place" just before going on stage. Breathe in, hold it. Enter the stage. Exhale.

3. Grandpa Weatherbie

Grandpa Weatherbie Well-Known Member

Knock'em dead!

4. sillydaddyatl

sillydaddyatl Member

The best way I get past my stage fright is to go out and perform. The more I do it, the less nervous I am.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Grandpa Weatherbie

Grandpa Weatherbie Well-Known Member

Well, I know you were a hit with your first performance and I was hoping to hear a few tips of do's and dont's for stage fright. As good as it was, it'll get even better.