1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Favourite Clown gadgets / gag.

Discussion in 'Magic' started by Kallie, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Glupi

Glupi Banned

The EMOM... the Entrance Music O-matic

My Kazumpet

My dollar-store juggling beanbags that fit nicely in my oversize pockets

My hat (I NEVER go anywhere, in clown or not, without the hat)

These rare-as-hens'-teeth Converse "Bacon and Eggs" sneakers that look like a red/white picnic tablecloth and have rubber eggs and bacon where the Chuck Taylor logo is supposed to go. Saw them online for $125 and more... got mine at a discount store, on clearance, for 15 bucks. They are some of the clowniest shoes I've seen that aren't official, competition-approved "clown shoes".

Anyway, those are just some of the props and funny stuff I really couldn't do without. I've got a whole trunk full of whatever-the-heck stuff... I just love props.

2. Glupi

Glupi Banned

Check them out...

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Pinkie Bee

Pinkie Bee New Member

I love the shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    right now my fav walkabout is a pocket full of sillybands
    only way I give one is for you to act silly. its a load of fun!

then I have my baby cow. shhh dont tell anyone I brought my pet I was supposed to leave him at home. I pull out my mooing can. I tell them they can grow their own baby cow by planting the jelly beans they get at Easter.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Flip

Flip New Member

There is something from ThinkGeek :: Stuff for Smart Masses called a "fun fly stick" (ThinkGeek :: Fly Stick Van de Graaff Levitation Wand)

you basically use a form of static electricity to "levitate" a variety of mylar shapes. You can control them in the air, make them fly towards your hand, bounce back and forth between your hand and the wand, and hundreds of other tricks. There is a great demonstration video on the website. Kids just love this thing, and it works really well for a kid who is not quite sure about clowns yet.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. Zeeppo

Zeeppo New Member

My favorite gadet has tobe a stripper deck.

There is nothing better than easy magic.

6. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

I don't know if they still have them, but Dollar Tree had tiny sock coin purses last fall. They were made from baby socks.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Glupi

Glupi Banned

Srsly?!?

Think about that one...

A STRIPPER deck... like the ones they sell at Spencer's.

A "stripper deck" is easy...

I can hear Beavis and Butt-head now...

uh, huh-huh... yeah, heh-heh-heh... he said, "stripper."

Yeah, heh-heh... and easy.

8. SmartiiTheClown

SmartiiTheClown Well-Known Member

My favourite props are probably:

my jumbo spanner with a watch winder in it, as it's great fro playing and interacting with kids - you can tighten their loose handshakes, tighten up ears that are droopy, fix broken props, and of course remove the watchwinder to crack your neck or wind up a digital watch.

I also love my Tuna fish cos I can chain bad puns together in a row if the first one doesn't get you the next one will - I use it when tuning my ukulele, it's a Tuner, you can tell by the Scales, This ones in C Deep Sea.

My Rubber Hand, I keep one handy just in case, I got mines from the second hand shop, of course you can buy them in the body shop. I like to show people my juggling skills - "would you like to see me juggle 2 balls with one hand?" then standard 3 ball cascade with the hand.

Smartii

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  9. Mimi Bug

Mimi Bug New Member

Since little kids really are into thier shoes, I always ask if we can switch shoes, and tell them I bought this one shoe and the nice man gave me the other one free....

10. CoCo and JoJo

CoCo and JoJo New Member

tape measure watch

Where does CoCo and JoJo find a tape measure watch
    :applause:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. V

V Well-Known Member

Milton Sirotta knows...

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  12. V

V Well-Known Member

Favorite gimmicks, gadgets, & gags...

TKO2 - This is one of the most impressive magic tools I've ever purchased. Part Top-it, part UCCU... The possibilities are nearly endless. If you take any one portion of the DvD and sell it at the asking price for the entire collection; you got a bargain. To get all of the ideas and routines that were included felt like an absolute steal. If you're a magician, clown, variety entertainer, doctor, lawyer, Indian chief - you should buy this and incorporate it into your act. You're not as good of a magician without it as you are with it.

Cellini: Magic That Can Be Performed Anywhere - An older DvD (I know it isn't a gimmick, but mentioning favorites...) This is a great DvD on many levels. Primarily because the effects are great. I'd suggest the rest of the DvDs in Cellini's series (especially the busking videos) as well. One this (these) DvD(s) you'll also receive education from one of the better street performers in modern history (imo). With Jim's passing back in 2009 those opportunities aren't a daily treat and who knows how long these will be available.

Tarantula - Maybe the best ITR on the market. If you add a high quality IT to the reel, you probably have the best levitation device to date. If you've never used IT then it may be a bit tricky, but nothing practice won't correct.

All 3 of these are worth the price tag in my opinion. I'd suggest them in the order they are reviewed...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013