1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Favourite Clown gadgets / gag.

Discussion in 'Magic' started by Kallie, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Kallie

Kallie New Member

Squeekers for sure, fake clown animals (rats), a small mirror, kazoo, whistles or hooters and noisemakers, a real ugly old lady photo : 'My granny' , little duster & magnify glass, . . .

I love doing my clown camera gag, my clown lunch box gag and my musical clown gag the most. There is other but I enjoy this the most.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

Definitely my tape measure watch. "Look at the time! Why, it's 12 inches after the hour!" It has metric on the other side, so I can also tell what time it is in Europe.

• Laugh Laugh x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

A very good thread Kallie. I am going to enjoy following everyone's responses. I am really starting to experiment with my show these days. Many of my effects I have been using for a few years or more but I play with the delivery. I am getting better responses as I transition away from the typical magic tricks and doing more and more movement exercises. So if you ever get to a convention or Moosecamp be sure to take a clown character movement class from Pricilla

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. bugaboo the clown

bugaboo the clown New Member

I love little gags. I have a small metal bucket...it's about an inch or so big...and i say when I woke up this morning i was feeling a little pale. but now I feel a little greater as i pull out a tiny cheese grater.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Laugh Laugh x 4
  5. Nevada

Nevada New Member

It’s AMAZING how much fun you can have with squeakers….. I had one clown show me a trick using squeaker 10 years ago. I take succors and cut up unit so all I got is the sound unit, then I wrap it and cushion it with a band aid ( the fabric type Band aid) then trim it up with succors and after that put it up my nostril and makes the sounds when you blow, it also makes the noise when you suck in the air but every time you have it in that direction and you suck in the air the unit goes further up nose cavity and a pain to take at some times I had to make round trip so it came out of mouth, but its an effect that works well…..

• Laugh Laugh x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

I like to have a broken squeaker aswell. You can work a piece of business to the point where you will be asked how you make the noise. You show them the broken squeaker with the real one concealed in the other hand. You show them it squeak and then offer them a try. of course it never works for them and the nonsence continues.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Laugh Laugh x 1
  7. Kallie

Kallie New Member

Ouch Nevada, don't think I can manage that, is that the way a clown goes on a trip?

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  8. Jamz

Jamz Moderator

I always carry a set of d lites on me so if Im in a line with some kids I just start playing and I always get asked for a card

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Nevada

Nevada New Member

it sounds bad but really nobody from public can figure it out and if they get close to figuring it out I just stop and wait for new crowd.....been doing this for years I call it the smell test....

• Laugh Laugh x 3
  10. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

Yes "d lites" are brilliant. Kids howl with laughter when you eat one and then make a farty noise as you pull it out of your behind.

• Laugh Laugh x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. Duckie

Duckie New Member

I like using my "phoneless cord" gag!!! I have an old telephone cord with no receiver on it, then run around telling everyone if they need to make a call, then they are welcome to use my "new" phoneless cord (cordless phone). They think I just said it wrong until I pull the cord out of my pocket!!!!!

• Laugh Laugh x 11
  12. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

Oooo, yeah, the phoneless cord IS fun. Another thing I do with mine is spot somebody on a cell phone and approach them holding up my cord saying, "excuse me, I think you need this."

• Laugh Laugh x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

LOL LOL.....Pickles, that's priceless.......May I steal it?
    Punkin (the Milton Berle of clowning)

14. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

OOPS.....methinks that should have gone to Duckie.
    Punkin

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  15. Duckie

Duckie New Member

By all means, help yourself, me likes sharing!!!!!!

16. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Thanks Duckie!
    I'll go downstairs to see if I can find a phone cord. If not, I'll take one off of our phone. LOL!
    Punkin

• Laugh Laugh x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Kallie

Kallie New Member

I saw a carry around old telephone, which also rings like an old telephone on some magic site. I'll look around again and see if I can find it again.

18. glitterbugg

glitterbugg New Member

my big props

19. Kallie

Kallie New Member

Huh? sorry little confused, what do you do with the funny big props Glitterbug?

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  20. Fifi D. Clown

Fifi D. Clown Well-Known Member

Two things I love for walk arounds where there's food, these always get great reactions:

• Extending fork - I get kids involved with me and we sneak up on some unsuspecting adult and try to get the good stuff on their plate. Of course the adults always catch us before I touch the fork to their food.
    • Foam rubber chicken sandwich - Sit next to someone whose eating and say "don't worry about me... Pappy packed me this chicken sandwich". I pull it out of baggy (it looks real until you open up the sandwich and there is a goofy looking chicken inside) I let them get a good look at the silly chicken and then say "Pappy forgot to put mayonaise on it! It tastes rubbery without mayonaise!" Then I put it away.

• Laugh Laugh x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 4