1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My balls are red!

Discussion in 'Juggling' started by LarryTheClown, Jun 9, 2014.

1. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

Did I get your attention? :applause:

But seriously, folks, my formerly nice white juggling balls have red smudges all over them. I had them stored in a drawstring bag provided by the juggling store, which I think were made for clubs. Now, it seems like I made the unfortunate mistake of storing four white juggling balls in there, too. Some sort of chemical reaction must've occurred --- I don't know if it was the unusually warm weather or the wipes I was using to clean the clubs.

All I know is that some of the dye must've rubbed on the juggling balls at some point.

Any tips on how to clean dye off a ball that are PVC and/or silicone?

2. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

What brand off balls are they? I would recommend contacting the manufacturer to see what they recommend.

3. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Toss them in the washing machine and add bleach.

4. Alex

Alex ...much nicer in person!!!

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

5. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

I'd tell you about the time my balls turned a different color when I was in the Navy, but, y'know...

6. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Last time I used Magic Clean erasure I was restoring a Nintendo 64 because its really good for cleaning old plastic.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. tim

At least they aren't blue.

8. Archie

Archie New Member

Could you dye them?

9. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

Lacross balls make decent durable juggling balls you can get an color assorted six pack for 24$ on amazon.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

I never thought of that. Thanks!

I like these particular balls, though, because they're made of squeezable silicone rubber (which give them a good grip), but they're also filled with sand so they don't fly around everywhere. They're the ones I use mainly for hospital visits, because I don't want to have one bouncing off and knocking down an IV. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. tim

LaCrosse balls are good for bounce juggling.

They do show well for regular juggling, also, but if you consider that drops will go bouncing all about, you're likely better off with millet filled leather or cloth balls.

• Thanks Thanks x 1