1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ministry Skits

Discussion in 'Church and Ministry Clowning' started by picklenoseclown, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Hi I'm very interested in doing community ministry Skits as as a clown, could anyone offer any suggestions?

Thank you!

2. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

I had started off my clowning career as a request to be a clown at a church function. That led to other opportunities, and here I am!!

During all this, there were several occasions for me to perform with other people at church. However, for one reason or another, they all backed out. Which was frustrating, since I had written a number of bits for church that required others to perform with me. I'll see if I can dig them up for you.

With Christmas coming, I was working on one similar to the angel that was going to visit the Christ child and gave away her wings, halo, and harp so that others could go instead. Or another where two clowns are looking for a gift for Jesus on his birthday, and one clown gets something really expensive while the other only has his heart to offer.

Not sure if I should keep them private or post them here for the use of all...

3. This is awesome!! Thank you for sharing!

4. Pookie

Pookie Well-Known Member

Here's the outline for a Christmas skit I put together. It works well with several people and the use of sound effects. You can also make some changes if necessary.

A Clown is getting ready to go to church for the Christmas Eve service. So he selects his best shoes, jacket, and hat and scarf. He admires himself in the mirror, and heads off.

Outside it is cold and snowy and a stiff wind is blowing. The Clown can see the church in the distance and hears the bells ringing and starts off.

Along the way the Clown meets two children who are also going to church, but can't make it because of the cold. The Clown smiles, and gives the children his hat and scarf. The children thank him and head off to the church.

Once again the Clown is off to church, but notices a person who has a coat that is no good against the cold, and offers up his coat. The person thanks him and heads off to church.

Near the church, the Clown notices a beggar on the side of the road who's feet are exposed because he has no shoes. Taking pity, the Clown removes his shoes and puts them on the beggars feet, and encourages him to attend the Christmas Eve church service.

Without shoes, a jacket, and hat and scarf, the Clown has a difficult time getting to the church in the winter weather. Very near the church, he sits down on a bench to huddle and get warm. He closes his eyes and his head droops. From within the church a carol can be heard. Then Jesus begins to walk towards the church, and notices the Clown sitting on the bench. Jesus goes and sits next to him. As Jesus puts his arms around the Clown, the carol fades and instead we hear a heart beat that slows, and finally stops. A light shines on Jesus and the Clown, as they rise up and walk slowly away.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. I love it!!!