1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Juggling Conventions

Discussion in 'Juggling' started by tim, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Toby KID

Toby KID New Member

Club Renegade is exactly what you experience!!! Fun, impromptu and safe to try ANYTHING!!
    I've seen several things at club renegade that eventually made it to stage. When presented on stage was 'cutting edge' material.
    Wouldn't it be great if the clown conventions had a Club Renegade!

2. Zeeppo

Zeeppo New Member

I have bee to a couple IJA conventions and half a dozen local conventions in New York Toronto and Florida.

The last five years I hve lt my IJA membership lapse because they do not have a club in Pittsburgh and I am not interested enough to start one.

I really like the ability to team juggle with a bunch of different people. in my Brigade I only have two people I can team juggle with. there is somethign fun about having a different partner from time to time.

I also like watching the competicians. My skills are fairly basic. I just do clubs sowrds, torches balls, rings, scarves and devil sticks. I really only need to juggle enough to impress people while room hopping in hospitals. So the conventions are a place to see people who are really serious about it.

There is a juggling club in Butler County PA that has a small fest. that is probably the next one that i am going to. The IJA is having one in the New York Area in the next couple years I think. i may update my mebership and go to that one since it is near by.My wife is sick so i cannot travel all over the place like I once did.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

I recently came across this article, which gives a fairly good over view of what it's like to attend a juggling festival. While there are probably some differences between the European experience described and how things go in the U.S. (I find that there isn't a lot of camping, but people staying together in hotels or crashing on local friends couches, for instance) you do get the general sense of things. If anyone is considering going to a fest, but not quite sure what it would be like, give it a read - then COME to a fest!

http://www.jugglingdb.com/compendium/world/culture/conventions/whattodo.html

4. Pinky the Clown

Pinky the Clown New Member

I went to my first juggling convention last Saturday because I wanted to improve my skills on the Diabolo and learn how to juggle. I enjoyed watching everyone juggle and asked just about everyone there regarding some juggling tips which have really helped. It was a great experience to learn from people who have been doing it for years. There was a family with 5 kids and four of kids could walk on stilts. Some of the kids could ride unicyles. There were some workshops. The workshop on marketing really helped me with clowning cause it related to being an entertainer. The convention ended with a two hour juggling show that ended with sword swallowing. The opening act was a ten year old kid who came in walking on top of a ball. He juggled five rings, five clubs and five balls...was very inspiring to see someone that young with that much talent. There was a comedy magic show by the President of the Fellowship of Christian Magicians. The President of the Christian Juggling Association did some excellent gospel juggling routines and routines that were just juggling. The finale was performed by sword swallower Dan Meyer who has been on America's God Talent, History Channel, and Discovery. He ended his show with an inspiring message to over come fear and go for your dreams. He talked about the word of God being the most powerful sword. (The bible refers to the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God). The Christian Juggler's Association convention was awesome and I learned a whole lot!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Scoop, Plywood, and yours truly attended the "47th Annual" Madfest this past weekend.

Here is an article about the event and what YOU missed:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...23db4-4049-11e1-8d4a-0019bb2963f4.html?mid=57

So, quit making excuses and come on out to a fest near you!

Read more: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...1-8d4a-0019bb2963f4.html?mid=57#ixzz1jjD4DPyf

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Pinky the Clown

Pinky the Clown New Member

I went to the Ann Arbor Juggling Arts Festival yesturday. It was a good time and I learned some ball tricks, some things I should learn to progress with ball juggling, some tips on spinning plate tricks, diabolo tricks, practice club jugggling etc... etc... It was so cool to see just a kid beat all the men in the 5 ball endurance challenge! Admission was $2 so it was totally worth it. What excites me most is that I met people from my area that have a juggling club that I wasn't aware of.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  7. V

V Well-Known Member

• Thanks Thanks x 2