1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with height difference

Discussion in 'Storytelling and Puppets' started by LarryTheClown, Jul 21, 2014.

1. LarryTheClown

LarryTheClown Well-Known Member

I'm going to be doing a puppet skit with four volunteers: two kids and two adults. There will be quite a bit of moving. The act calls for some of the puppets to be moving left to right at one point. The height difference may be a bit of an issue for the kids. Any ideas?

Recasting the kids with adults is not an option. Part of the reason I'm doing this skit is to help increase involvement.

I'm also thinking of building a height-adjustable stage so that the performers can sit down during some of the skits. (Only one skit requires them to move around.) I was thinking to building the stage with some PVC pipes and fittings... but if anyone has any better ideas I'm open to hear them.

2. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

Behind the stage could you just place a couple of cinder blocks with boards across them to form a riser for the kids to stand on? The adults could kneel or stand behind.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. LarryTheClown

Hmm... I guess there are different levels on the stage that I can use. Maybe I can have the kids run around atop the elevated level. Thanks for the suggestion!

4. LarryTheClown

Elevating the stage was not that great of an idea. The big issue ended up being that the kids had to raise the puppets above their heads. (Any lower, and we'd see the top of their heads.) I put a little platform for them to put their arms on, which hopefully should give their arms a rest.

The trick is tomorrow, where they have to do a skit which involves a lot of back and forth movement.

• Thanks Thanks x 1