1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invoice and contract

Discussion in 'The Business of Clowning' started by JedTheClown, Jul 23, 2015.

1. JedTheClown

JedTheClown Member

Does anyone have any invoices and contract layouts or examples that I could use? Mainly looking for an example of a birthday party type of contract

2. Loopy

Loopy Well-Known Member

3. Simply Knute

Simply Knute Well-Known Member

Loopy, I don't know that that contract would be able to be easily modified for use for an entertainment standpoint. It looks like its for some sort of place where birthday parties would be held and events happen there, such as lazer tag, go karts, or a gymnastics type place. The waiver of liability needing to be signed by each kids guardians is a bit overkill for balloons and a magic show. If you search entertainment contract you can probably find a good example. I've got a couple of copies on my computer, one is one I found and use from time to time that could use a bit more added in, the other is one that I got from Scoop, and it's pretty good. Your main things you want outlined in your contract is the services to be performed, the fee you will be paid, the terms of payment, your cancellation policy, what happens if it's your fault that you have to cancel, or what happens in the case of an act of God or emergency.

For an invoice, I have a template set up on my open office equivalent to Excel that you can find online for free. I put my logo on it, and you can customize it to the event, etc. You put in your line items and prices, it will talley your totals, if you live in a state that requires sales tax on services, you can put your tax rate in and it will figure that, and you can add in discounts if you'd like. (nice if you're donating services to a non-profit so that they can see you aren't really working for free, and it gives you something to prove for a tax writeoff) It makes a pretty clean looking invoice. I attached a jpg of a generic invoice here as an example. It took me literally 30 seconds to make this. The setup of the template took maybe 10 minutes to get it formatted the way I liked, and my information in there and everything.

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Hi guys.......I know this doesn't seem like much of a contract, but I've been using it for a long time........it comes from a book called , The Birthday Party Business. If nothing else, it will give you an idea of what you need when making up a contract for a birthday party.

5. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

OOPS......need to attach.........

Attached Files:

6. Simply Knute

Simply Knute Well-Known Member

that picture is way too small to read. Do you have it in pdf form or a larger jpg?

7. Punkin

Punkin Well-Known Member

Oh crud........I'm going to have to redo it into a PDF...........get back to you tomorrow on that one!

8. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

I use an invoice somewhat like Knute's. I include a full summary of the event details reading something like:

• Thanks Thanks x 1