1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

internet class

Discussion in 'Party Clowning' started by Shruggs, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Shruggs

Shruggs New Member

Has anybody taken taken The Learning Annex class How to Be a Children's Entertainer taught by Grandma Clown (Barry Lubin) at www.learningannex.com ?;)

2. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

nope, not i

3. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

I have never heard of The Learning Annex. If the course is actually taught by Grandma Clown (Barry Lubin), I would think it should be good. He has a very successful character with the Big Apple Circus.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Shruggs

Shruggs New Member

Yeah, I am thinking of treating myself for my birthday. I'll let you know how it goes.:???:

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Please do. I've met Barry. He's a fantastic guy with great insight.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. wallybrad

wallybrad Active Member

Definitely keep me posted Shruggs. That sound interesting, especially for me with being fresh out of college, it would be so crazy for me to take a class because I want to for a change.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Teabag

Teabag New Member

save your money. Do you really think you will learn something on there that is not already covered on this forum? Or Online for free somewhere. Sure the guy might have some good insight but come on. Really? Go out there and work, you will be getting paid to learn from experience.

9. Barb "Stuffy" Foley

Barb "Stuffy" Foley New Member

Makes sense to me

10. Shruggs

Shruggs New Member

Yes, there is much to be said for just getting out there and doing it. Trial by fire as they say.:cool:

11. StuartPid

StuartPid Administrator/Pickles' Lady in Waiting

God forbid you should invest some time and money in learning your craft from an experienced person in the industry who has had an incredible professional career. Thats like telling people not to go to college to learn to be a Dr. just grab a scalpel and start cutting. It is that mentality that is producing so many sub par clowns who go out, fail and can't see why no one wants to hire them. My advice is take EVERY learning opportunity that comes your way that you can afford it will only make you a better and stronger performer.

• Thanks Thanks x 16
  12. Shruggs

Shruggs New Member

Oh... I am still planning on taking this class, but I guess what I mean is that you can take all these classes and if never go to the next step of performing, what's the point.:pie:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  13. BalooBaphoon

BalooBaphoon Active Member

Like your auto mechanic, I feel that you need continuous education. Stu Pid put it very nicely get all you can and learn everything there is. Bump-A-Nose

14. Roscoe The Clown

Roscoe The Clown New Member

I totally agree....Get all the knowledge you can get to assist you in perfecting your skills..:pie:

15. clownNYC

clownNYC New Member

ummm does Barry Lubin post on this forum? If not then I think you would learn something different from his class...

Everyone has something unique to share. I'd pay to be on this forum! and I'd also pay to hear what Mr. Lubin- one of the best, iconic, American circus clowns has to say about our art form. Mr Lubin has toured the world as a clown, won awards, and is in the hall of fame! Sounds like theres a lot to learn from him.

but I'm a NYer so I'm on my fellow NYer's side. I've seen him perform and know there is a lot that most clowns could learn from him.

learn for somewhere! that's what is most important...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Shruggs

Shruggs New Member

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  17. Gummy

Gummy New Member

I think I'm going to have to invest in this, Sounds like it's just what I'm looking for!!!

18. YourBalloonMan

YourBalloonMan New Member

There are a lot of people I would (and DO) pay big money to learn from. Unfortunately, I do now know this particular program well enough to say anything about it.

However, I HIGHLY suggest Jeff McBride's master class for magicians or balloon artists. He also has one for street performers as well. It's a must and I go regularly.

All the best,

Jonathan Fudge.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  19. Mimi Bug

Mimi Bug New Member

After over 20 years of clowning, I am taking a clown class in Jan and am so excited about it...Buttons (Oz) says if you are always green, you are always growning...
    I knew it all for too many years...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Zeeppo

Zeeppo New Member

I learned how to clown in the circus. Everything else I learned about clowning or Party Clowning I learned in my first three months of doing birthday parties. I have not learned anything new since then. Except occassionally from books