1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.


Discussion in 'The Business of Clowning' started by V, Aug 9, 2013.

  1. V

    V Well-Known Member

    Specialty Insurance here; just wondering if anyone uses anything different?

    I'm happy with Specialty - just looking for a good excuse to buy into one of the member based insurance programs as they advertise at about 50% the cost of Specialty.

    Anyone using KIDabra insurance? I.B.M.? S.A.M.? (I heard SAM just restructured their insurance?).

    My problem with those (and the equivalent clown groups I'm assuming) is the pot-luck style coverage (in that if I get sued and use all the cash; then the guy behind me in line is screwed). I know claims are rare, but the pessimist in me can't make the plunge to change carriers and "save" $125/year. Add in the fact of the additional acts that are covered (aerialist, mentalist, ...) and I'm not even sure this post is worthwhile as I'm reinforcing my concerns as I type...


    Who is using what and are you happy with them?
  2. Buck

    Buck New Member

    So I am new to clowning, but no so new to the world of insurance. There are companies that write Clowns as home based businesses for a decent price. They will include some property coverage as well. They are not sepcific to entertainers and so will not add in anything that may be a "bell' or "whistle".
    You will have to go to an independent insurance agent and ask for a home based business BOP. If they look at you like they do not understand tell them that USLI (United States Liability) offers this type of policy and they can be accessed through any number of General Agents like Burns & Wilcox. Sounds complicated, I know, but all you have to do is make the call to the agent. They will do the rest.
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  3. WillaHolland

    WillaHolland New Member

    Guess it's more of a liability insurance rather than personal.
  4. Pinkie Bee

    Pinkie Bee New Member

    I joined World Clown for the insurance coverage. and then left it at that. I have not even read the policy now you got me thinking I should look at it and see what is or isn't covered
  5. StuartPid

    StuartPid Administrator/Pickles' Lady in Waiting

    My insurance is through my state farm agent that all my home and auto policies are through. I just explained to him what i did and what i wanted to be covered for and he took it from there. I would have to do a little digging to find what it cost me. But I have $1mil liability coverage and my props and equipment are covered for when I am out of the house with them. In the house... home owners insurance, out of the house.... this policy.
  6. StuartPid

    StuartPid Administrator/Pickles' Lady in Waiting

    Looks like my premium is $250 and I have a business owners policy and an inland marine policy the later being what covers props when traveling.
  7. Fitzwilly

    Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

    There has got to be a joke there about the inland marine policy since the props never see the water. Or maybe the Marines are expected to protect the props. Someone must have a better joke that those.
  8. StuartPid

    StuartPid Administrator/Pickles' Lady in Waiting

    Can you imagine every time some kid reaches into your baloon bag a 6ft Marine comes out and wacks them on the back of the head... that would be awesome

Share This Page