1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ideas please

Discussion in 'Hospital Clowning' started by clownNYC, Aug 16, 2011.

1. clownNYC

clownNYC New Member

Hey!

I have a teenager paralized from a gun shot form the neck down in one of my hospitals. He is great and loves to laugh, but I'm looking for some new stuff to do with him.

Right now I'm doing stuff that tricks him- he thinks he figures out the trick then comes the twist ending.

I normally do a lot of interactive things with hospital kids, but he is a different story.

ideas?

thanks!

2. The Princess of Bozonia

The Princess of Bozonia Administrator Staff Member

Does he have a wheelchair he can drive independently yet? Bring a waterski tow rope and a skateboard.

If that's a no-go, you could teach him some mentalism.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  3. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

Can you give an example of what you are currently doing so we can give more ideas along those lines. Are you teaching him so he can use the material with the doctors and nurses or just doing it for his entertainment?

4. JimBo

JimBo New Member

Hospital clowns are the "ANGELS of BOZONIA."

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  5. StuartPid

StuartPid Administrator/Pickles' Lady in Waiting

Play the noodle game... place several penne pasta noodles on a plate or platter and then you have to put a spaghetti noodle in your mouth and try to pick up the noodles on the plate.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  6. Plywood

Plywood New Member

How much time do you have in his room? You could spend some quality time with him and watch a classic bit by Laurel & Hardy, Three Stooges, or someone else. That is, if he's interested. Some young people aren't too impressed by that older stuff.

Host a reading of funny poetry. Challenge him to come up with some contributions, too.

Do you play a musical instrument? You could come up with some silly songs to serenade him with, or that he could sing along with, too.

I hope you come up with some ideas that will keep him engaged and entertained!