1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas for New Scallop Puppet

Discussion in 'Props and Gags' started by Pickles, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

[​IMG]Introducing: My new bi-valve mollusk puppet! Yes, indeed, I am the proud owner of a scallop puppet!!!! I walked past it in the gift shop at an Alaskan ranger station, and I decided that it was one of those things that I simply could not live without. Now that I am home, I'm wondering what I am gonna do with this thing.

I'm thinking about naming her "Shelly." She is small enough to fit in my pocket, and I would like to come up with some silly walk-around gags for her. I could limp around and whine about how I pulled a muscle and then whip her out. That's about the best idea I have so far, and, admittedly, it's pretty bad.

Ideas anyone?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Laugh Laugh x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Groan Groan x 1
  2. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft) Old Bucket Spitter

Don't get stage fright or you'll clam up.

• Laugh Laugh x 3
    • Groan Groan x 1
  3. Pickles

Oooooo, YES!!!

Approach somebody eating chocolate or pickles and tell them not to be shellfish and share!

• Laugh Laugh x 3
    • Groan Groan x 2
  4. Willy Nilly

Willy Nilly New Member

I used to be really fat. Now i am a shell of my former self.
    Please talk! don't clam up on me now.
    She has a daughter named Pearl.
    I dated an octopus, but he wouldn't keep his hands off of me.
    I used to have a friend named Coral, but she only wanted to lay around at the beach.
    My next door neighbor is a real crab.
    You would be a real friend if you would scratch my back. I can't reach this one spot.
    Look mom, no hands.
    Cats have hair balls, i cough up seaweed.
    Keep an eye out for Long John Silver. He kidnapped my brother.
    I have a cousin who is a castanet.
    My uncle is in jail for attacking Jimmy Buffets flip flop.
    I brush regularly. See how pearly my tooth is?

• Laugh Laugh x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
  5. saphireSue

saphireSue True Blue

sea shell, sea shell by the sea shore

• Laugh Laugh x 3
  6. Pickles

Y'know, my husband and children rolled their eyes when I purchased the scallop puppet. And I think I embarrassed them a little when the scallop very enthusiastically bade farewell to the park rangers. But I am excited about this little mollusk and am looking forward to his debut. And, frankly, scallop, I don't give a clam what my family thinks.

• Laugh Laugh x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Groan Groan x 1
  7. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

How many of these things do they actually sell to people who are NOT clowns to make it worth manufacturing them? Or is yours truly "one of a kind?"

• Groan Groan x 1
  8. tim

tim Have red nose, will travel

Any of these one liners alone is a certain groaner. But taken together is such quick succession, it's fairly funny - in a vaudevillian sort of way.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Willy Nilly

Willy Nilly New Member

Well,Fiddledy dee.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  10. Touche'

Touche' New Member

Lots of "Pearls of Wisdom" here!

• Laugh Laugh x 1
    • Groan Groan x 1
  11. Pickles

You have way cooler stuff in your memory dustbin than I have in mine.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
  12. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

A lonely scallop called Pearl, went to a craberet called “The Marlin Rouge”, with the porpoise of meeting the buoy of her dreams. She haddock whale of a time. First she met an octopus called Billy the squid. They danced to “Mackerel the knife”, it felt like a moray but he was all hands and started to mollusc her. She said “Have you got no corals?“ while thinking, fins can only get batter. He clammed up, so she blowfished him out and hooked up with a Scotsman called Prawn Conway, who really took the bait. He was into films and asked her would she like to sea Jurassic Carp, The Blair Fish Project or Pulp Fishing? She replied “I don’t give a clam, your shrimply the bass”. He replied, "Are you fishing for condiments? She said "No spray", then she slipped off her perch and pulled a muscle.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    • Laugh Laugh x 10
  13. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

The muscle was called Ray but preferred to be called Molly. He was a bivalvual cross dresser who wore fishnets, eels and green lipstick. Molly and Pearl had a halibut time and danced all night to Kylie Minnow and Bob Marlin and the Whalers. Unfortunately, there was an evil clownfish called Jack the Kipper who slipped Pearl a Mickey Finn. Suddenly Peal started to feel unwell and went a little green around the gills. Molly called out for kelp. Up jumped a man and said I am a sturgeon, lets give her anemone. She recovered and was so thankful she turned to Cod and became a prawn again crustacean.

• Laugh Laugh x 10
    • Groan Groan x 1
  14. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Oh I’m sorry, did you think my last post smelt like sardines in a tim, Tim? Next, you shell be accusing me of flogging a dead seahorse. I cod go on forever, with this one. I hope your getting some of this Pike-les.

Molly the Muscle left the Marlin Rouge with the sole porpoise of finding Jack the Kipper who was hanging out in an old smoker. He was listening to Tom Skates playing Swordfish Trombone out of tuna, on the raydio. “You slipped poisson into my Pearl, I orca batter you“, whaled Molly. Jack replied, “Stop carping on, or I shall have to krill you”. This little sprat cod of turned ugly haddock not been for the sight of a coi Skate Moss on the catfish walk. She haddock cute wrasse and a lovely pair of scales. Molly forgot all about Jack because he wanted to crab and grouper. He said "Lets go back to my plaice". Skate replied, "I dunno, I'll have to flipper coin. The coin landed fishtails side up.

Sorry folks, at this point, the tide went out.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    • Laugh Laugh x 7
    • Groan Groan x 1
  15. Scruffy

Scruffy Boss Clown/Administrator

Cod, that was awful.

• Laugh Laugh x 1
    • Groan Groan x 1
  16. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

Hey Scruffy, no need to get crabby I’m not interested in your Sargassom. You might think I am plumbing the depths but I’m no where near dredging the bottom yet. When you sea another of my posts do you get waves of despair and a sinking feeling? I can’t stop kraken jokes. It’s going to coast you ten squid (or twenty clams in your money) to shut me up and I’m not bluefin.

Skate Moss looked down at the fishy tail coin and replied, “Sorry Miss Molly, maybe next tide”. “Well would you like to do the conger with me then, its lobsta fun”? ventured Molly. “I hake the conger and only flounder on the dance floor, maybe I should go home and watch some telly fishion. It’s “Whale of Fortune” tonight or perhaps I will read my new book, “Titanic Verses” by Salmon Rushdi”, replied Skate.

Just then an antipodean crab like creature with a large forehead and mullet, walked in. “Good reef!” exclaimed Skate, “Who’s that Barbel doll”? “Oh that’s Nicole Squidman, she just had to prawn all her clothes to a loan shark. She’s a fantastic dancer who loves to go squid jigging and drinks like a fish”. Molly swam over. “Good evening Nicole, can I offer you a refill?
    “YOU’LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP, MY HERRING AID IS ON THE BLINK”, shouted Nicole.
    “CAN I REFILL YOUR GLASS NICOLE”? shouted back Molly.
    “OOH YES PLEASE", boomed back Nicole, "FILLET”.

• Laugh Laugh x 5
    • Groan Groan x 1
  17. Pickles

Quick! Somebody hit him on his noggin with a hammerhead!

• Laugh Laugh x 1
    • Groan Groan x 1
  18. Barry Daft (Mr. B. Daft)

I'm not scared of you Pike-les. Your shark is worse than your pike.

• Laugh Laugh x 5
    • Groan Groan x 1
  19. Jodie

Jodie New Member

Pickles what a great post. This could go on forever with Barry out in the sea.

• Groan Groan x 1
  20. Pickles

There once was a jester named Barry,
    Some clowns thought he was scary.
    But words from his mouth did gallop,
    When he gushed about my scallop.
    Thus, to him I shall toast my sherry.

[​IMG]

I hereby award Mr. Barry Daft the "Golden Scallop Award" for going above and beyond Clown Forum duty in his poetic contributions to my "Ideas for New Scallop Puppet" thread. A heartfelt "thank you" to my friend Mr. Daft.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Laugh Laugh x 1