1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm a clown...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by yeehaw, Aug 31, 2009.

1. yeehaw

yeehaw New Member

Greetings clowns! I am a clown and have been one for about 2 years. It all started when my grandfather clowned for my 3rd birthday party. I've been hooked since. It was while I was serving the Navy in the Middle East that I decided to come onboard. Funny place to do that. That was July 2007. I haven't received any formal training other than the books I've read like Creative Clowning. Hopefully I will learn a lot here in this forum. I am happy to be onboard!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Spangle The Clown

Spangle The Clown New Member

welcome to this wonderful but sometimes strange place LOL
    Spangle

3. Ty-Me

Ty-Me New Member

Welcome aboard Yeehaw, Glad you could join us.

4. Scruffy

Scruffy Boss Clown/Administrator

Welcome to the forum!

5. Welcome! Creative Clowning is a great book. I highly recommend Mark Stolzenberg's "Be a Clown!" What sort of clowning do you do?

6. SCOOP

SCOOP Ace Reporter

welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the ride!

7. Fitzwilly

Fitzwilly COAI Secretary

Welcome to the Forum YeeHaw, glad you joined. It has been a couple of years since I saw your grand parents at a convention. I always enjoyed sitting and talking when I saw Frank. If I recall correctly he holds COAI #16, if not the lowest active number certainly nearly so. You come from talented stock and we look forward to your participation here on the Forum.

8. Sir Toony Van Dukes

Sir Toony Van Dukes Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Clown Forum! :cool: Are you still serving in the Navy? Did you actually have a chance to clown in the Middle East or was that just where you made the decision to be a clown.

9. yeehaw

yeehaw New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. The clowning I do right now is simple balloon twisting, juggling, comedy magic. It's fun. I do still serve in the Navy. I'm stationed on board USS PREBLE a destroyer in San Diego, CA. I'm an electronics technician. I did clown quite a bit in the Middle East. I was in Bahrain. I clowned at the Embassy there, the schools, and some of the Christian churches there. It was a blast!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Welcome YeeHaw!

11. jinglestheclown

jinglestheclown Active Member

Welcome! Lots of nice people here...LOTS of good advice and tips. Enjoy

Thanks for serving our country!

JiNgLeS

12. Harpoetta

Harpoetta New Member

Welcome to the forum, Yeehaw! Glad to have you here!

13. Pickles

Pickles Czarina / Administrator

Yeehaw! So glad yer here!

14. maxo

maxo Member

hello yeehaw glad you could join us!

15. yeehaw

yeehaw New Member

So I haven't been on here for a long time. I'm back in the clown world. I'm in he navy and it has been a crazy couple years.

I did want to update a few of you who knew my grandfather Frank "Kelly the Clown"Kelly. He did hold to his number 16. Last Sunday he passed away. He would be 91 this month.

I wanted to post his obit for you all.

http://mccombandsons.tributes.com/show/104538809

God bless you all!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  16. The NORMAL One

The NORMAL One Active Member

Welcome! The world with all it craziness needs all good clowns who bring laughs and smiles to other people that we can get.

17. WillyNilly

WillyNilly Member

Hi Yee Haw:
    Glad you are back, I too had a 9 year hiatus from clowning, and am now back in the fray. Recently I also lost a dear friend, an Army Vet, who wasn't a clown per se, but he could spin a yarn like no other. An amazing man, a compassionate and caring man. A family man who knew every Irishman in the NY tri-state area. I am saddened by his passing, and the world is poorer for it, but at the same time inspired to be half the man he was.
    My condolences Yee Haw, I'm right there with you.
    WN

• Friendly Friendly x 1